Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Studying while in school and a job

spitzy11spitzy11 Alum Member
in General 772 karma

Hi guys-

For those of you that are studying for this test while still in school and also balancing a job, honestly what do you do when you are just feeling like you are up to your ears in things to do? I get so frustrated at the limited time that I have. At times I feel as if I cannot give the LSAT the time it needs and deserves sometimes because your GPA is forever and I would never want to potentially compromise that.. and with midterms going on for me right now, I am just feeling so overwhelmed :/

Thanks guys <3

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2017 23929 karma

Hey @spitzy11,

As I'm sure you already know, always put school/GPA first. The LSAT will be here waiting for you when you're ready. So if you're midterms are taking up your time, energy, and focus right now then give that your attention.

Second, sometimes you just need some "you" time. I used to try to study every second I had off from work, but I quickly realized that only led me to burnout and just overall not being as productive as I could. When we take a break from prep our brains don't; they use the down time to process and encode what we've learned.

Lastly, something I've found helpful is having a set schedule of when I'm going to do work/school and when I'm going to do LSAT prep. It's much less stressful knowing when my prep time is scheduled in and knowing I'm free to make plans otherwise.

It's all about finding a balance that works for you :)

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

I agree, if you can't manage both focus on GPA oh how I wish I could go back in time and change the two Cs I got in Finance and Calc to higher grades. My GPA and my law school dreams would be thanking me. If you're not in a rush to get into law school, focus on maintaining or raising your GPA because it is CRUCIAL for a top school.