Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Burnout?

cjonescjones Alum Member
edited September 2014 in General 48 karma
Hi Everyone,

I hope your LSAT studies are going well. I had three or four great tests in a row with time left over at the end of most sections. Now, I just feel tired all the time, have headaches, and always run out of time on each section no matter how fast I feel I am reading...I also have scores ten points below where I was at. Has anyone else been through this? Am I just burned out and need to step away? There's only a little more than a week before the test....HELP!

Thank you!

Comments

• LouieRodriguezLouieRodriguez Free Trial Member
    82 karma
    Just keep calm. I stressed way too much while I was preparing for June 2014. Just do your best. That's all you can do. Just do your very best and don't dwell on it too much.
  • LouieRodriguezLouieRodriguez Free Trial Member
    82 karma
    Just some general advice for your last week of prep.

Work on reading comp! It is very much a section you want to be prepared for.
  • msmith85msmith85 Alum Member
    213 karma
    I've been feeling the same way. I took a "mental health" day today where I did no prep and it was great. My plan is to try to not even think about the test starting Wednesday.

Here's something to consider:
    What can you learn 48 hours before the test that you can actually retain/haven't covered already?
  • turnercmturnercm Alum Member 🍌
    edited September 2014 770 karma
    sloooooow down! you should probably take a day off for the health of your brain. maybe even two. and definitely do not study on the friday before!

due to unforseen circumstances my Dec LSAT was postponed last year, which gave me an extra two weeks to study. i apparently studied so hard that after i heard there were two more weeks, i didn't study. at all. i had already resolved to retake, and i spent those two weeks catching up on sleep, movies, etc. i walked into that test with a ton more confidence than if i had taken it as planned and been super stressed out, and i had zero problem with nerves!

sometimes the best thing we can do to help our performance is relax. i don't suggest ignoring studying for the next week. however, a day off should be good for you. and don't guilt trip yourself either. you've worked very hard and deserve a break!

EDIT: you can always push the test date back to december if you're not scoring within your target range. (i probably should have pushed my LSAT date back - tbh though I'm glad i went through with it. thats up to you!).