Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice needed

mzoodlemzoodle Member
in General 226 karma

My strong sections are LR and RC, and weak is LG. Right now I am finished the CC - aside from LG. What should I do,focus on LG for a few weeks, to the exclusion of other sections, or do LG and start doing timed practice sections...and then when I am done with the LG in CC, do complete PT's? I do not think it is a good idea to focus too much on LG because A: It only makes up a quarter of the exam, and B. I can focus on and reinforce my strong sections. Thoughts? Advice? I test in December.

Comments

• btate87btate87 Alum Member
    788 karma

I think it depends on what you mean by worst. If you are only missing a few per section, then maintaining LG is probably okay depending on what score you want. But if it's like -10 or more per section you probably need to get a better handle on basics. I was consistently going -2 or -3 per section (occasionally -6 when a game tripped me up) after my post-CC intensive LG study. LG is very easy to improve compared to the other sections. You're probably more likely to learn how to go -0 on LG in less time than the others. And while LG may only be 1/4 of the test, questions are also much more interdependent. If you miss an LR or RC question it doesn't necessarily affect your chances on the next one. On the other hand LG could easily wreck you for -5 or more for every game you set up incorrectly.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

How weak are you at LG? How strong are you at LR and RC? How many PTs have you taken? What is your target score, and how close are you to it?

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

I agree with @btate87 and @10000019. It all depends on your target score and how many you miss per section.

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

Do not exclusively focus on one section. You will learn better by mixing it up. Sure, emphasize improving your weakest areas, but don't abandon everything else.

Fool proof LG by doing games repeatedly from PTs 1-35. With only a few weeks until December anyway, you should probably be doing a PT every 5-7 days, depending on how close you are to your goal score.