Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Having trouble with Flaw Questions

LSATChaosLSATChaos Alum Member

I'm getting almost every flaw question wrong. I'm not sure why, when I do BR and really take time on the questions re-reading stimulus and answer choices, I can usually get the correct answer but still have difficulty. Is there a specific list that I could possibly use to memorize all the cookie-cutter flaws and answer choices corresponding to those particular flaws? Should I make flash cards? Any advice on this will be appreciated!

Comments

• btate87btate87 Alum Member
    782 karma

I think The LSAT Trainer has a super helpful section on flaws. On top of that (and probably more importantly) do you save the questions you miss? The more you revisit those same questions post-BR (until they seem painfully obvious to you), the more you'll build up mental blueprints of certain types of flaws. New questions will start sticking out to you if they match one of those blueprints, and if they don't you have a new one to add to your collection.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

Hey @LSATChaos
    Yeah, here is a list from 7sage core curriculum about 19 common LSAT flaws that you can memorize. https://7sage.com/lesson/19-common-argument-flaws/

I am also posting below a link of a webinar that a Sage did on flaw questions that is really helpful. So after you have reviewed the common flaws see if the webinar helps put things together for you.
    https://7sage.com/webinar/flaw-intensive/

The good thing about flaws is that a lot of them just keep getting repeated on LSAT so the more you know about a particular flaw the more likely it is that you are going to recognize it on a PT and get it right.

Let me know if these two things help make a difference :)

• LSATChaosLSATChaos Alum Member
    65 karma

thank you so much! @Sami @btate87