Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to incorporate the 7Sage community to maximize my lsat scores?

Victor WuVictor Wu Alum Member
in General 661 karma

I recently enrolled in ultimate plus and have watched a couple of webinar videos. Almost every video talked about the amazing and supportive community that 7Sage has. I understand that there are study group/BR groups. Can someone tell me how these groups work and further elaborate what is the best way to incorporate the community to maximize my lsat scores? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited October 2017 23929 karma

Welcome @victorwu ,

The community on the forum is great for getting almost any questions you have answered. Be it for LSAT or admissions. There are weekly webinars and AMAs with top scorers (Sages), and tons of other helpful events.

The study groups are weekly meetings of 7Sagers who come together to blind review their PTs with each other. There are also other activities the study groups may host depending on what the group wants. I know for mine we definitely plan to do some intensives under the guidance of "Sages" or those who scored 170 or above.

I think just being active adds a nice social aspect to studying that I really enjoy. As far as incorporating the community, I'd recommend just being active on the forums. You can ask questions, answer questions, and join a study group! Everyone is super supportive and kind. :)

Check out our June 2018 study group here: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/12869/june-2018-study-group

• Marco AntonioMarco Antonio Alum Member
    199 karma

Depending on where you live I would definitely try to find a study buddy in your area. Have you taken a diagnostic yet? You can adjust your stats on the study buddy feature accordingly. To get into a study group or BR group you should try to incorporate yourself into an already existing study group/ BR group. If you were taking the June LSAT for example go to the forum and type in June 2018 and study group discussion will come up. Comment there and see if the moderator or the group organizer will add you. Same goes for BR groups.

If you have more specific questions like adjusting something on your RC strategy or figuring out some detail about NA questions, for example, you can throw those up on the forum and someone will probably respond fairly promptly. It's all interactive so just mess around and you'll figure it out. Happy studying!

• Victor WuVictor Wu Alum Member
    661 karma

@"Alex Divine" , I appreciate your input. I'll be sure to ask plenty of questions. Could you put me into your study group?

Marco Antonio, 7Sage wouldn't let me @ you for some reason, so I hope you see this. But, thanks man. I really had no idea how groups worked on here before.

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

Welcome! I found it really helpful to just be active overall; asking questions to the group; replying to questions that you know ... it kind of keeps you in the game as you surround yourself with like minded people. It's also helpful to begin answering questions under each video that you know the answer to. Once I learned a section it was helpful to 'teach' it to others in small ways by answering questions. JY encourages this in one of his videos as well.

• Brazil020511Brazil020511 Alum Member
    429 karma

From what I heard, answering questions to others question can really help you understand the fundamentals.

• MaxSpeeDDyMaxSpeeDDy Alum Member
    13 karma

@"Alex Divine" Do you mind if I join in the fun? I’m looking at changing test dates to June. I’m still not feeling comfortable enough taking the test and an additional motivational factor from a great group of people would be a wonderful asset!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@MaxSpeeDDy said:
    @"Alex Divine" Do you mind if I join in the fun? I’m looking at changing test dates to June. I’m still not feeling comfortable enough taking the test and an additional motivational factor from a great group of people would be a wonderful asset!

I'd mind if you DID NOT join in the fun ... :)

• MaxSpeeDDyMaxSpeeDDy Alum Member
    13 karma

@MaxSpeeDDy said:

I'd mind if you DID NOT join in the fun ... :)>

Let the fun commence!

• Victor WuVictor Wu Alum Member
    661 karma

I appreciate everyone's input. I'm excited to begin studying for the LSAT again and conquering it.