Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Personal Statement Double Spacing

BirdLaw818BirdLaw818 Free Trial Member
in General 553 karma

Hello all,

I've completed my PS but have a problem. When I double space the essay manually, I get around 900 words and can fit everything I want to say so badly in the two pages i am given. But when I use the double space function on microsoft word, it shoots me to 2 full pages and a paragraph in the third page. Im trying to cut things out that might be a little redundant but Im hardly getting 700 words and dont think this is appropriate.

Can I get by just double spacing manually?

Comments

• BumbleJD1624BumbleJD1624 Free Trial Member
    62 karma

What do you mean by manually? I've never heard of that before. I have always used the double-space function that you find in the paragraph formatting option.

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    edited October 2017 3521 karma

Double space...manually :open_mouth: ?

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited October 2017 9377 karma

I don't know what you mean by double spacing manually, but 7Sage Admission Course ($15) has a personal statement format sample.

I use a non-English version of Microsoft Word, and "double-spacing" turns out to be slightly different, so I used the format sample.

• Mitchell-1Mitchell-1 Member
    756 karma

I'm fairly certain double space manually just means putting an extra line break in manually at the end of every line in single space mode

• calcal101calcal101 Alum Member
    582 karma

I think you need to shorten your essay. I've never "manually" double-spaced, but it sounds as though the result is that there is less space between the lines. They'll notice.