PT13.S4.Q03

marsasb161-1marsasb161-1 Member
edited October 2017 in Logical Reasoning 25 karma

I could not detect the conclusion in the stimulus, therefore initially chose answer choice (A).

After reviewing, I just want to confirm if the conclusion is the sentence that starts with "Increasing the number of electric cars on the road..."

Comments

• SamiSami Yearly + Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited October 2017 10801 karma

You want to ask yourself is the argument as a whole trying to conclude that increasing the number of electric cars on the road would require more generating facilities?

You are right that this sentence definitely has support because current facilities are operating at maximum capacity. But what about the next line? Is it also supporting this statement?

Does it make sense if I write the argument this way: if all gasoline powered cars on roads were replaced by electric cars, it would at best be an exchange of one source of fossil-fuel pollution for other. Therefore, increasing the number of electric cars on the road would require more generating facilities?

See if you can find an answer choice that you can link each sentence in the stimulus. For example it could be a support, or other people's argument its opposing etc.