Does an upward GPA trend merit an addendum/note?

dantlee14dantlee14 Free Trial Member

I've gathered that unless there are extremely extenuating circumstances, it's better not to write an actual addendum for a change in GPA or a particularly bad semester. My question: will a significantly upward GPA trend, or high GPA within-majors, automatically be noticed/sifted out by admissions committees when they look at my transcript, or is it worth noting that in a line on the resume (I'd just put something like GPA last two years: 3.8; in-major GPA: 3.85 on the same line as my undergraduate education) or somewhere similarly small?

Comments

• LsatbreakingnewsLsatbreakingnews Alum Member
    edited November 2017 392 karma

I like to think of it this way. If you have a high gpa in your last two years, obviously that means you're a capable student. I think it is worth mentioning that you got your shit together, changed your study habits, and became a successful student.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

I would not add " GPA last two years: 3.8" onto the resume. If your major GPA is great, then you can include that on your resume. If your overall gpa is decent, I would include that on the resume as well.