Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What GRE score is good enough for HLS if one has a below median lsat?

lsat2016lsat2016 Free Trial Member
in General 488 karma

Took GRE cold and score 164V/168Q. Have a below median LSAT for harvard.

Even tho each a few points below close to perfect scores in GRE sections, the percentiles are only 90-95% for these sections.

Is this 164V/168Q gre strengthens or weakens 170 LSAT score for harvard? Should one retake this GRE?

Comments

• PositivePositive Alum Member
    edited November 2017 426 karma

LSAT median for HLS is 99th percentile. I imagine that HLS will probably take the same approach for GRE and will try to accept applicants in the 99th percentile. So, for GRE, I would say one should aim to score at least 169+ for both V and Q.

To answer your question, definitely retake.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Retaking the LSAT will probably be your best bet. You don't know how they will evaluate a GRE score with a LSAT score. Alot of admissions experts suspect that the GRE will be used to bring nontraditional applicants (like those in STEM) with high GPAs to apply

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited November 2017 23929 karma

Because HLS recently started accepting GRE scores, we don't have any reliable data on what is good enough. I'm going to agree with @"Kings Never Die" and guess that you'll almost certainly need to be in the 99th%-tile for GRE scores as well. I'm sure the answer also partly depends on your GPA. It seems to me that the purpose of accepting GRE scores is to raise their GPA medians.