Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FAFSA Timing and Applications

How are you handling the FAFSA and application timing?

My situation is a little unique; I have to write waivers for parental information for schools that require it of older students (it's a long story, we're not in touch, but I was never formally an emancipated minor.) Every school is a little different on what it wants and what kind of info, et cetera. It's a lot of additional work (they need letters from other people, et cetera) and I am unsure if I need to be working on that while I am also pulling everything else together for my main application. I am applying to schools that do seem to take need into account (Georgetown and Cornell as well as stretching to HY) and financial aid will be a huge part of my decision.

Anybody? Any ideas?

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma

I'd focus on completing my apps and getting those submitted first and deal with all of that later. Sounds frustrating. Good luck!

• dantlee14dantlee14 Free Trial Member
    617 karma

I haven't looked into any of the financial aid stuff (need to actually apply first), but I'm in a very similar situation with my parents so I'd be interested if any prior applicants or people that have already applied this cycle have more info.