Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trouble with In/Out games

lawschool33lawschool33 Member
in Logic Games 100 karma

I am having so much trouble getting more than half of In/Out game questions right. I have a moderate grasp on conditional rules and when they trigger or fail, but I’m so slow at In/Out games because I can’t set the rules up well because I get thrown off by “not both” rules. I’m taking the December 2 LSAT, so I don’t have time to pay for and go through the course on here. Any advice on how to nail this type of game?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@hannahmyers9551 said:
    I am having so much trouble getting more than half of In/Out game questions right. I have a moderate grasp on conditional rules and when they trigger or fail, but I’m so slow at In/Out games because I can’t set the rules up well because I get thrown off by “not both” rules. I’m taking the December 2 LSAT, so I don’t have time to pay for and go through the course on here. Any advice on how to nail this type of game?

Use the free 7Sage video explanations on YouTube to learn how to use conditional logic for in-out-games. They are going to be notoriously difficult without a solid grasp on conditional logic and when rules trigger. Before I had a paid 7Sage account I was able to learn the basics of games just by watching JY's free videos. Although it wasn't until I completed the logic games lessons that I really nailed them, the free lessons helped!

You should re-consider taking in a couple weeks if you don't have a SOLID grasp on conditional logic. Conditional logic underpins the entire test and I'd go so far to say that understanding it (at least at some level of mastery) is a necessary condition to doing well on the test. If you don't understand the logic as it pertains to in out games, you likely don't understand it as it applies to logical reasoning. Taking the LSAT without these skills would be like planning to take a calculus test without understanding algebra. Obviously not a good idea. Both conditional logic and algebra are things that may only take a few weeks to learn, but much longer to get good at. That only comes after practicing over long periods of time.

good luck!