Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best way to drill for LG and RC at this point…..

marleybabymarleybaby Alum Member
edited September 2014 in General 194 karma
Guys! How can I best drill to increase my sections in these last days? I unfortunately signed up already and am thinking of taking the LSAT for the experience even if I cancel my score. Any tips?

Also do you guys think it's a good idea or does a cancelled score just look real bad?

Help!

Comments

• LouieRodriguezLouieRodriguez Free Trial Member
    82 karma
    I wouldn't take it just to take it.

With three days left there isn't much you can do. Games are a form of muscle memory.

Maybe a general overview of each type of game would help. For instance, it would probably be useful to know how an In and Out game works and how to operate a big chain easily.

You don't want to focus entirely on games though. It's roughly 23 questions. Don't neglect LR and certainly don't neglect RC.

• godawgs24godawgs24 Alum Member
    53 karma
    For LG, I would go ahead and review what types of games you are having the most trouble with and drill those. For me, I usually have the most trouble with grouping games.

For RC, I would take a look at what types of questions you are missing. There is usually a trent. If it's a main point question, make sure you are reading for structure. That means having a solid general idea of what is going on in every paragraph. It's okay if you don't remember all the details, as long as you know what paragraph to go back to reference instead of having to re-skim the entire passage. If you're missing inference questions, it's very important to remember that every correct answer will be supported by the passage. What I mean by that is you can always pinpoint specific lines that prove your answer choice. When you review inference RC questions, make sure you can pin point exactly what line(s) in the passage support the right answer. When it comes to RC, what has helped me the most was actively confirming my answers with the passage.

If this is your first time sitting for the test, I don't think it's a bad idea for you to go ahead and take it. If you don't feel confident about it afterwards, you can always cancel or retake in December. I am going to be retaking for the third time in December. I took my first two last October and December and had a pretty typical application cycle. Many schools nowadays focus on your higher LSAT score and sending your application by January isn't as bad as before with the declining number of overall law school applicants. I have a handful of friends that took October, retook in December, and got into their dream schools no problem.

My last piece of advice is to study hard today and tomorrow, maybe do some light reviewing/drilling Thursday, but definitely take Friday off. You don't want to burn out right before the actual exam.

If you have any more questions, feel free to reach out.
  • immanueladeolaimmanueladeola Free Trial Member
    42 karma
    Yeah I agree with godawgs (nice name by the way haha). At this point you want to focus on weak points/review areas that you're not comfortable with. At the same time, if you put a lot of effort and time into the LG, that's a certain number of points you are guaranteeing yourself (assuming you get a grasp of it) on the exam. The LR section will always present a challenge so a really good LG and RC combine score gives you a cushion against a potentially weak LR section.
  • marleybabymarleybaby Alum Member
    194 karma
    Thanks guys!
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    Here is something you can do.... print out the various problem sets from the syllabus tonight. Then do simple sequencing games tonight with a RC from test 21. Then tomorrow morning, do sequencing with a twist with RC from test 22 in the evening, do In - Out problem sets Day after, do 2 sets from grouping a set each from each of the others and then cap it off by doing RC from test 52. Simple enough but solid yet manageable drill plan.