Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long does it take LSAC to send your application to schools?

fambam24fambam24 Member
in General 215 karma

I just found out that one of my schools wanted an app. "submitted and deemed complete" by tomorrow. I'm going to have everything submitted on my end today but I think two of my rec. letters will come in tomorrow. Should I be worried?

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@fambam24 said:
    I just found out that one of my schools wanted an app. "submitted and deemed complete" by tomorrow. I'm going to have everything submitted on my end today but I think two of my rec. letters will come in tomorrow. Should I be worried?

I would call the LSAC to check. If your LOR aren't in by tomorrow your app won't be able to go "complete" until they are.

No use in worrying though, just say a prayer they come in :)

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

Once the letters of rec are in and you submit, there isn't any considerable lag though. I've only submitted to one school (WUSTL because they invited me to an interview before my applications were submitted) and I submitted the day before the interview. I assume they got it the same day because my interviewer had read my essays before the next morning. So if the letters of rec come in you submit and you should be good. If not, it's obviously not going to be possible. Some schools may take longer to process things, but they should still know whether you submitted by the deadline.

• partyondudespartyondudes Alum Member
    edited November 2017 424 karma

I had a similar question last week and called the LSAC. If everything in your LSAC application is uploaded and ready--application forms, personal statement, résumé, extra essays, transcript, letters of recommendation--once you click "complete application" (or whatever the button says), the LSAC system automatically sends notice to the law school that they can pull your report. So there's not too much lag there. I think they may still send notice to the law school if your letters of recommendation or transcript aren't uploaded but I'm not sure. Call LSAC Technical Support and they can give you more detailed information about the status of your LSAC application.

There is a bit of a delay for the law school to complete processing of your application. For my application to one law school, it took two business days for the admissions committee to process it. They process applications based on when they receive them, so the sooner everything is in, the better. I'm pretty sure that admissions committees don't deem an application complete until they've completely processed it. You might try calling the admissions committee for the school you're applying to for more information.

Good luck! I hope you're able to get everything in by the deadline!

• fambam24fambam24 Member
    215 karma

Thank you all! This is very helpful. I got everything in last night and my letters are complete today. I'll just email the school to make sure everything is ok. I can email from the school early morning saying that they had received my application.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

That's a great relief! Good job on all the tough work that went into this.