Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I’m gonna be that guy that asks the dumb question.

randolphportugalrandolphportugal Alum Member
in General 33 karma

On my lsat ticket I have a photo where I don’t have a beard. I have a beard now. Should I shave? (I think I should) Do you think I’m gonna have problems being let in the testing room? I’ve been studying like crazy so I would be traumatized if my beard got in the way (it’s not even that long!) (this post was comic relief. Kind of but not really) Happy Studying!

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

I shaved mostly to avoid the itchiness of my beard for the test, but also to match better. Plus, no shave November will be over anyway.

On a serious note, do whatever makes you comfortable. There is no right answer(other than the comfort of a clean shave).

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited November 2017 13286 karma

Shave. It specifically talks about that in their guidelines for the photo. Don’t risk losing all your hard work over something so trivial! It’ll grow back!

Edit: more specifically it’s on your ticket.

• catsforevercatsforever Alum Member
    18 karma

You could also just submit a new pic with the beard and not shave. :)

• chicarysschicaryss Alum Member
    143 karma

It's too late to submit a new pic. I vote shave to avoid any potential complications on test day.

• Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member
    448 karma

Continue to study with the beard. When you shave the day before the test, your reflexes will be that much faster on test day. That's my plan at least ;)

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

Here is a quote from the LSAC website, which I think will solve the issue haha. "The uploaded photo must match your appearance on the day of the test (e.g., with or without beard)."

• SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma

Think about it like this: would the iPhone X be able to recognize you?

In all seriousness, if the beard isn't too dramatic I wouldn't worry about it. Happy studying indeed!

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Shave for sure. It explicitly mentions things like that and it's just not worth the 5% chance they give you a hard time.

• randolphportugalrandolphportugal Alum Member
    edited November 2017 33 karma

Thanks everyone! Yeah I don’t feel like having unnecessary hassle. Shaving it is! Best of luck to everyone on test day! May the force be with us all!

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

Orrrrrrr. You could bring an electric razor to the testing site and then shear it off in front of the proctor if they refuse to let you in and then shout "HOW BOUT NOW?"

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@ScottyG said:
    Continue to study with the beard. When you shave the day before the test, your reflexes will be that much faster on test day. That's my plan at least ;)

Shoot, I should've been doing this!!! I guess I could shave my head, anything to gain that edge!

• Mo ZubairMo Zubair Alum Member
    391 karma

Orrrrrrr. You could bring an electric razor to the testing site and then shear it off in front of the proctor if they refuse to let you in and then shout "HOW BOUT NOW?"

I vote for above!!! Would be fun!!
    :smile:

• lidsget1lidsget1 Member
    6 karma

I had long braids in my picture on the ticket but i have since taken my braids out and am wearing my hair short and curly... I hadn't even thought about it until I read this but... does this mean i should get braids for the test!!???

i'm somewhat joking, somewhat serious about this.

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

@lidsget1 said:
    I had long braids in my picture on the ticket but i have since taken my braids out and am wearing my hair short and curly... I hadn't even thought about it until I read this but... does this mean i should get braids for the test!!???

I wouldn’t worry about hairstyle too much. They are concerned about facial features. I would just try and make sure you are recognized in the photo as you. The reason his is more “scary” is because it specifically says “shave v. no shave” on the ticket

• Habeas PorpoiseHabeas Porpoise Alum Member Sage
    1866 karma

@randolphportugal I know this is a (partially) serious post, but this entire thread made me laugh, so thank you for starting it! :smile:

• hermes777hermes777 Member
    18 karma

just draw a beard on your lsat photo. BOOM!

• lidsget1lidsget1 Member
    6 karma

Thank you for the response :smile:

@LSATcantwin said:

@lidsget1 said:

I wouldn’t worry about hairstyle too much. They are concerned about facial features. I would just try and make sure you are recognized in the photo as you. The reason his is more “scary” is because it specifically says “shave v. no shave” on the ticket

• ashr_613ashr_613 Alum Member
    45 karma

I've been stressing so hard about this test and I'm a big anxious eater. Does this mean I have to lose the 50 lbs I've gained to match my pic on test day!!!!!!???

;)