Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to absorb info on test day

mcmlaw36mcmlaw36 Alum Member
in General 631 karma

Hey all,

Recently saw a post in the forum about how to make sure you absorb the information from each question. Although that was more along the lines of doing so while studying, I'm wondering what everyone uses as a technique to do so on test day?
December will be my third and final write. Now that I'm used to what to expect on test day, I'm well aware of the anxiety that it brings for me (and I would assume, many other people). This usually translates into having trouble fully absorbing info for the first few questions. Once I'm a few questions in, I'm usually ok.

I personally will be warming up before the real test to make sure my brain is warmed up. That seems to help.

Was wondering if anyone had any other helpful tips?

Thanks for sharing! :)

Comments

• Paul CaintPaul Caint Alum Member
    3521 karma

I had the same problem on my first test. I realized I had to develop some techniques to regain my focus during the exam and be able to absorb everything.

One thing I started doing, if I was losing focus or losing the ability to absorb info, was to read every single word like a kindergartner haha. As in, instead of reading a sentence kind of fast and fluidly:

"Jane went to the park this morning."

I read it:

"Jane. Went. To. The. Park. This. Morning."

I've found this helps me gain my focus back haha. Maybe it will help you?

• LivePumpkinLivePumpkin Free Trial Member
    270 karma

I agree with Paul! Literally the same situation with me.

• mcmlaw36mcmlaw36 Alum Member
    631 karma

After posting, I was trying to strategize on my own and came up with a similar method.
    Even if I read the first questions, say #1-3 slower than usual, I still would likely SAVE time in the long run than if I were to read at regular speed and have to re-read those same three questions anyway.
    Thank you @"Paul Caint" & @LivePumpkin! Will definitely be trying this out :smile: