Success under timed conditions....finally

butler17butler17 Alum Member
in General 55 karma

So I have been struggling with hitting my desired score under timed conditions but I finally did it today. I've adjusted my study schedule and allowed myself time to actually live and i think that has really made a difference. I'm a rather social person, so being consumed with studying for this test was really stressing me out. Hopefully this persists into test day. Good luck everyone!

Comments

• supboardersupboarder Alum Member
    edited November 2017 109 karma

@butler17 How long did it take you to reach your desired score under timed conditions?

• xtinextinextinextine Member
    861 karma

Congrats!! And I definitely agree with making time to live. I've been so stressed lately (studying part time and working full time). But I took a few days off to travel and visit family out of state and honestly it made such a difference in my attitude and mentality about the test. Good luck if you're sitting in December!

• butler17butler17 Alum Member
    55 karma

@supboarder said:
    @butler17 How long did it take you to reach your desired score under timed conditions?

It took me a little over a month. I am working full time and studying after work (when I have the energy).

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@butler17 said:
    So I have been struggling with hitting my desired score under timed conditions but I finally did it today. I've adjusted my study schedule and allowed myself time to actually live and i think that has really made a difference. I'm a rather social person, so being consumed with studying for this test was really stressing me out. Hopefully this persists into test day. Good luck everyone!

Amen, brother. I can't tell you how many times taking a few nights off from prep has led to direct score increases. I know try to schedule in times to do things other than work and prep because I know it will ultimately help me in the long run.

Did you feel guilty at first? For some reason I find it hard to not feel like I should be prepping when I'm doing social things...

• butler17butler17 Alum Member
    55 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:

@butler17 said:

Amen, brother. I can't tell you how many times taking a few nights off from prep has led to direct score increases. I know try to schedule in times to do things other than work and prep because I know it will ultimately help me in the long run.

Did you feel guilty at first? For some reason I find it hard to not feel like I should be prepping when I'm doing social things...

Initially i did because I felt as though every hours I was taking away from studying my score would decrease but when i started seeing the opposite I let that go. Constant studying works better for others but not for me. Glad I'm not alone!