Georgetown Not-So-Optionals

YEAH Y'ALL. What are you doing? I am torn between the top 10 list - chance to be funny, but how funny should I be?! - and making a video, which would be fun but even harder to get "right." Any thoughts?

Which essay?
  1. Which essay are you doing for Georgetown?34 votes
    1. Imagine it's 10 years after you graduated Georgetown Law. Where are you?
      20.59%
    2. Give us your top 10 list.
      50.00%
    3. Anyone who never made a mistake never tried anything new. Tell us about yr most interesting mistake.
      11.76%
    4. Fill in the box.
        5.88%
    5. Make a video.
      11.76%

Comments

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

Why are you referring to them as "not so optional"?

• speedwagonspeedwagon Alum Member
    393 karma

@uhinberg said:
    Why are you referring to them as "not so optional"?

I've heard them pretty widely referred to as one of the examples of things that, while nominally optional, are a very very good idea verging on mandatory. As someone who has a good shot, but is not a shoo-in, it feels very not-optional to me. Nu?

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

"When we say optional, we really do mean optional. The Committee will in NO way hold it against you if you choose not to answer any of these questions. (Maximum 250 words.)"

I wasn't planning on it. If I do, I'll probably do a funny video.

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I did the top 10 list. it was fun and easy

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

I'm doing my a top 10 list of my favorite Justin never songs, but it's been hard to leave any off.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Not planning on applying to Georgetown, but I'd totally do a top 10. First thing that came to mind is, top 10 musical artists that I'm embarrassed to love. hahah. Too goofy? I don't know, they're the ones asking for a top 10 list ha.

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

I would do the where do you see yourself in ten years or the top 10 list. I don't know what I would do for the list though.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

I would probably do something crazy like my top 10 Disney Channel Original Movies or top 10 episodes where DJ learns to not be selfish on Full House. Ok, I might not actually do that...

• speedwagonspeedwagon Alum Member
    edited November 2017 393 karma

I still can't decide, I admit. Maybe I'll just make a ridiculous video. I know we're supposed to show our fun side but ugh. This is all that's between me and GETTING IT DONE. Tgiving weekend = application d-day.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

Know someone who got it without any "not so optional" essays, so it clearly is not necessary.