Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Foolproof 1-35 or foolproof 4-5 star games

charles27charles27 Alum Member
in Logic Games 136 karma

Hi! Need some advice what you think would be better? I’ve been studying for some time now so I’m not new to games and for the most part my games section score is usually between -2 and -5. I’m starting studying again now for Feb so I would like to set up a game plan. Thanks all!

Comments

• nicholasthomas127nicholasthomas127 Alum Member
    458 karma

There is still room for improvement since you are missing between 2-5 questions. I think you should definitely foolproof entire sections rather than specifically focusing on 4-5 star games. I am not saying that you should't do the 4-5 star games at all, what I mean is that if a 4-5 star game is in a particular section, then you should do all the games from that PT. The less challenging games still offer great practice and you may even pick up new inferences with them.

• charles27charles27 Alum Member
    136 karma

@nicholasthomas127 said:
    There is still room for improvement since you are missing between 2-5 questions. I think you should definitely foolproof entire sections rather than specifically focusing on 4-5 star games. I am not saying that you should't do the 4-5 star games at all, what I mean is that if a 4-5 star game is in a particular section, then you should do all the games from that PT. The less challenging games still offer great practice and you may even pick up new inferences with them.

Thanks for the response! I should clarify what I meant. I was thinking of making my own games section consisting of 2 4 star games and 2 5 star games and using those for the foolproof method.

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

I would still do 1-3 star games. It's crazy what your mind can get used to. For example, I may be taking Calc 3 and forget how to multiply 12x13. Not because I never knew, but because my brain has been focusing on "harder" math. You still have to make sure the basics are concrete. Plus, there won't be any section on the real test that has a make up of 2 four-stars and 2 five-stars. Be realistic with what you're using to practice and your brain will get into the groove too

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

A significant amount of my gains on logic games came from getting really fast on the easy games. This gave me the necessary time to slowly and methodically do the harder games. You won't gain as much of that speed if you stop doing the easy ones.

I think there could be a place for building really hard sections to practice on out of 4 and 5 star games. I think that would come when you are usually getting -1 to -0 on games, but are getting stumped by the odd combination of two games which happen to be really hard for you.

I don't think you are probably in that place yet if you are still missing between 2 and 5 on average. How quick do you do the games that are easiest for you? I think about 4 minutes is about the reasonable minimum for even the easiest games so if you are already there focussing in on just the harder games might make sense.

• btate87btate87 Alum Member
    782 karma

I agree with everyone else above - do all of them. A minor point to add to all the other great reasons that have already been brought up: some 4-5 star games are as difficult as they are because there is some twist to them and they are exceedingly easy once you know it (the birds on exhibition game comes to mind, or doctors at clinics). They are absolutely useful, but often they're just curveballs, not super foods.