Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Application status checker: going from complete -> under review

hlkoo1212hlkoo1212 Alum Member

I have a very specific question. When an app status goes from complete to under review, does this necessarily mean that literally an adcom officer has opened up my file and is looking/has evaluated it OR does it simply mean that it's now on the queue and ready for review by adcom? I asked a few schools and it's really confusing because the admissions office staff either didn't sound too sure about their answers or sometimes two different people in the office gave me conflicting information.

Comments

• TheMikeyTheMikey Alum Member
    4196 karma

I think it could be either of the two tbh, maybe it depends on the school, but it's probably likely that it's the latter though.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

@hlkoo1212 said:
    I have a very specific question. When an app status goes from complete to under review, does this necessarily mean that literally an adcom officer has opened up my file and is looking/has evaluated it OR does it simply mean that it's now on the queue and ready for review by adcom? I asked a few schools and it's really confusing because the admissions office staff either didn't sound too sure about their answers or sometimes two different people in the office gave me conflicting information.

They're vague about it on purpose, I'd imagine. If you're under review, you're on your way! Meditate, relax, take some time away from your desk (even if you don't want to).

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Sometimes these terms are used interchangeably. At this point it is out of your hands and you should hope for the best. Unless they email you specifically or you realize you made a mistake on you application, you should relax and take satisfaction that you did your best. I am sure you did fine!