Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

For People who have received Dec scores

4232842328 Free Trial Member
in General 18 karma

Mine is grey and I’m currently waiting. Every comment I’ve seen so far from people who have received their scores seems to suggest they did worse than their PTs and previous tests. It’s making me nervous. Did anyone feel the opposite way?

Comments

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Yes! I was worried because I knew my LG was subpar and I thought I did about the same as usual on other sections. But I went -0 in one of the LRs (a first for me) which overcame my worse than usual LG. I ended up 1 point above my average PT and am ecstatic. I was thinking that I was going to drop several points from my average which would have put me out of the running for my reach schools, but I will be at least a bit competitive. Full steam ahead on applications!

• mollskl8mollskl8 Member
    51 karma

I actually scored 6 points higher than my last test in September, but frankly I'm shocked right now. After I took the Dec. test, I felt like I did worse than my last test in September. But I am really, really grateful I didn't cancel and that I decided to stay away from forums until the score release...

• BlaineC30BlaineC30 Alum Member
    10 karma

@"Leah M B"
    Wow, that's incredible! Do you have any tips on improving LR? Those are what sunk me on this last test.

• sumner.truaxsumner.truax Free Trial Member
    24 karma

I scored about my average and thought I had done worse.

• ajcarlton5ajcarlton5 Alum Member
    36 karma

I scored 3 points above my average! There is hope.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@BlaineC30 said:
    @"Leah M B"
    Wow, that's incredible! Do you have any tips on improving LR? Those are what sunk me on this last test.

I really think it’s just repetition. I did lots of timed sections and after a while you really start to see how repetitive the questions are. For the most part, they really do follow a pattern and you start being able to see them and anticipating answers much faster.

• celina697celina697 Alum Member
    123 karma

I scored 2 points above my average. I think the curve did me a huge favor!!!

• 4232842328 Free Trial Member
    edited December 2017 18 karma

Ugh I’m happy you guys did so well! I actually scored on my lower end which is objectively a fine score, but to me feels like the end of the world. Guess it’s back to practicing for me :’(

• usernameusername Alum Member
    276 karma

Lower end of my expected range, but well within it. I'd never taken a PT with a scantron sheet before. That bubbling is time consuming af. The score is a nice data point to have going forward, though.

• akulochkaakulochka Member
    edited December 2017 12 karma

Yeah! I did better than expected. I only took 3 weeks to prep, so I don't have a lot of PT scores, just my diagnostic and one PT. Based on those numbers and the infamous "test day drop" I was prepared for something lower than my diagnostic/PT average on test day. I got a score 4 points higher than my diagnostic/PT average and 7 points higher than my "worst case scenario" number.

• PARHAM1373PARHAM1373 Free Trial Member
    edited December 2017 67 karma

I scored 10 whole points higher than my september test, and my score was slightly above what my pt scores were

• danielm777danielm777 Alum Member
    24 karma

I scored below my top score due to LG, but still +1 on my average in the last month of prep.