Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

if you've reached out for a fee waiver...

calcal101calcal101 Alum Member
edited December 2017 in General 582 karma

I'm hoping to submit apps in the next week or so. Just got my December score and am relatively pleased. Has anyone here reached out for a fee waiver? Is it too late to do so now?

If not, do I simply make a polite request with my LSAT score and GPA? I'm thinking of requesting at a few T14s where I'm above the 75th on both GPA and LSAT

Comments

• calcal101calcal101 Alum Member
    582 karma

bump

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

@cal270 said:
    I'm hoping to submit apps in the next week or so. Just got my December score and am relatively pleased. Has anyone here reached out for a fee waiver? Is it too late to do so now?

If not, do I simply make a polite request with my LSAT score and GPA? I'm thinking of requesting at a few T14s where I'm above the 75th on both GPA and LSAT

Yes, make a brief polite request via email with your name, LSAT score and GPA. I also included my LSAC number in case that made it easier. It worked earlier in the year.

I don't know if it would be too late. They were very prompt while they were open, but many offices may be closing for the holidays and you don't want to delay your app too long. I got an unsolicited fee waiver from Vanderbilt and Wustl after the February test last year even though I wasn't applying till this cycle so I know some just below T14 schools keep giving fee waivers.

Good luck!

• Jonathan W SJonathan W S Alum Member
    35 karma

Some schools only give fee waivers to those who got one from LSAC. Others give them if you just ask. Others want you to show some kind of financial need. Others just give them to everyone to get people to apply.

I didn't include any information about LSAT score or GPA, I just emailed the admissions offices and asked for a fee waiver.

• yaritssapyaritssap Member
    5 karma

On some law school websites, if it has a section to request more information the brochure you receive has a fee waiver.