Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need Some Advice

benkim929220benkim929220 Alum Member
in General 32 karma

So I got my email from LSAC and was informed that my score is 155. Which was surprising because I was comfortably PT'ing in the mid 160's. So I looked at my bubble sheet and realized that RC for Question 3 was left blank. And all of the responses afterward are mis-aligned by one space. After adjusting for the mis-alignment, I would have had 15 more correct responses, which
would translate to a164 based off their scale.

I just got off the phone with LSAC and they said that my only options are to write an addendum or take the LSAT again. Has anyone been in this situation before? Any suggestions? Thank you.

Comments

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

I have not been in the situation, but you should probably take it again and write an addendum explaining the bubbling error.

Law schools won't have any evidence to believe it is a bubbling error until they see your retake score though. Additionally, the bubbling error free score doesn't count for their ranking even of they believe you.

It is definitely the kind of error which merits an addendum once you get your very likely score increase though. If you write to schools explaining the error, they might be willimg to take the February test even if they wouldn't normally.