Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Berkeley and Davis

Hey, everybody.

Just found out my first LSAT score of 165. 3.82 GPA, getting Bachelor’s in three years, several years of work experience, etc., etc. I was wondering if anyone had any input on likelihood for UC Berkeley and Davis based on that tiny bit of information? I would love to go to Berkeley, but I would also like Davis. Since I just found out my score, I’m curious on any input. Thank you for replies and congratulations on your scores.

Comments

• acsimonacsimon Alum Member
    1269 karma

You should look at myLSN and also provide more info about potential softs, so that ppl can give you more accurate advice.--A.c.S

• evanhamlingevanhamling Member
    8 karma

Thanks for the reply. Some more softs include being an Arkansas Governor’s Distinguished Scholar, which may not mean a lot, university’s President’s List, national honor society, five years of work experience with promotions, work with the local juvenile court, and things of that nature.

• Tom_TangoTom_Tango Alum Member
    902 karma

you never know until you apply!

• TabbyG123TabbyG123 Member
    711 karma

I know both schools have a pretty strong social justice/public interest thrust. If you happen to have that kind of experience, want to practice that kind of law, and show that well in your essays, they might see you as a good fit for them. Looking at your numbers, it looks like you've got a great shot at UCD (you're above their median for both), but UCB would definitely be harder.

This is a hunch based on a conversation with a dean of admissions at UCB, but I feel like they value research there, so if you happen to have that experience, I'd highlight that in your UCB resume addendum.

Those are two great school and are at the top of my list. :) Maybe see you around.