Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Updating character and fitness for completed application

Michael MaMichael Ma Alum Member
edited December 2017 in General 186 karma

Hi guys. I’ve made a stupid mistake in my applications. I’ve already completed and send in most of my applications; however, I recently got my driving record and found out one of the two speeding tickets I got was 20+ and it counts a reckless driving which is considered a misdemeanor in the state I’m from. Is there anyway I could update this information on my application that I’ve already submitted by notifying the schools? It happened several years ago and honestly didn’t even realize it was so serious until I got my record. Should I just email or call the admissions office for each school I applied it?

Comments

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

I'd e-mail the admissions offices and level with them, and ask them what you can do.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

Did you go to court and plead guilty? Were you formally convicted of a misdemeanor? If not, was a court date set?

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Yes, call them. Also write a short narrative saying what happened, maybe how old you were, what you did to take responsibility, and the corrections you've made since that time so you have it ready when you need it.