Letter of Recommendation - Question about LSAC deadline/"turnover"

Hi 7Sagers! I'm hoping someone can help me with a question I have about letters of recommendation/application process and timing. I will be applying next cycle (sending in apps Fall 2018) and have already graduated university (May 2016). I sent emails out to a few professors asking for LORs this week, given how busy they are. If they were to write LORs before the current application cycle ends, would they be able to file them in CAS/LSAC for next cycle? My fear is that they'll file the LOR, and then the LOR will be deleted once the new cycle "rolls over." I don't have much knowledge of the application process in general, so I apologize if this question has a straightforward answer/is nonsensical! :) Thanks for your help.

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

No they won’t be deleted

• calcal101calcal101 Alum Member
    edited January 2018 582 karma

@10000019 said:
    No they won’t be deleted

This. Also, I’m 99% sure that if they wanted to update something (like the date), they can even edit their letters. I think letters are good for 5 years

• stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma

As long as you're a US student you're fine. I remember a few years ago people saying the Canadian app system required LORs each year, but I'm not sure if that's still the case

• Juana B. AloyaJuana B. Aloya Alum Member
    19 karma

This is a huge help - thank you all so much! Very relieved in knowing this :)