Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Less post-cc improvement than expected

OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
in General 2531 karma

Hi all,

My true diagnostic score was a 149, I just finished the CC and took PT36. Unfortunately I scored a 154, which seems to suggest scarcely any improvement (aside from LG) despite 4 months of prep.

For June 2007: Total LR: -17, RC -13, LG -13
For 36: Total LR -18, RC -10, LG -9

I am wondering, is this normal? I know a lot of people have seen massive improvement after the CC alone, so it makes me feel like I did something wrong while going through it.

For now do I try to push my BR score to +5 above my goal score? Do I just follow Sage Josh's Post CC strategy word-for-word? Any advice on how to interpret this helps.

Thanks

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Hey @Ohnoeshalpme,

While it may not seem like a huge increase, it's actually quite good for only having completed the CC. So congrats! When you're learning a bunch of new strategies and still learning how to implement them, it can take lots of practice before you begin to see the increase you're expecting.

You should consider fool proofing the LG bundle (PTs 1-35) and returning to the CC to review and drill areas where you still need work. In the beginning, it's normal to need work on every section.

You are correct in focusing on your BR score at this point. Following Sage Josh's post-CC webinar is definitely the way to go. Reach out to the forum if you have any specific questions along the way :)

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

A slight to no improvement is common right after completing the CC. :) just keep pushing it’ll come.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

@Ohnoeshalpme, What was the BR like?

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

@Ohnoeshalpme said:
    Hi all,

My true diagnostic score was a 149, I just finished the CC and took PT36. Unfortunately I scored a 154, which seems to suggest scarcely any improvement (aside from LG) despite 4 months of prep.

I am wondering, is this normal? I know a lot of people have seen massive improvement after the CC alone, so it makes me feel like I did something wrong while going through it.

For now do I try to push my BR score to +5 above my goal score? Do I just follow Sage Josh's Post CC strategy word-for-word? Any advice on how to interpret this helps.

Thanks

5 points is great news. If you get those LG scores down, you'll be close to the mid-160s. I know it looks daunting, but from here on out it is drilling and reviewing. Understanding why the right answer is the best answer takes time and patience. You're probably still seeing new argument cores and trying to understand what it is and what they do.

Don't be too hard on yourself and focus on making little improvements. You're path to success is one problem at a time.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

@Ohnoeshalpme said:
    Hi all,

Thanks

Hey, this is pretty normal. I do suggest to start fool proofing games and working on blind reviewing LR. The core curriculum teaches us the right way to do something but it takes massive drilling and a lot of practice and self correction to start performing consistently that way.

You are on to a great start. You really are. Keep following Josh's Post CC strategy. You are in phase 2 and it just means you have a lot of work to do. <3

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    @Ohnoeshalpme, What was the BR like?

For the June test my BR was a 170, for PT 36 my BR was a 170 as well.