Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

William & Mary Meeting w/Admissions?

madeline.black278madeline.black278 Alum Member
edited January 2018 in Law School Admissions 15 karma

Hi all-

I have a meet and greet with William & Mary Dean's Office next week, and am assuming that I should approach it like an interview. I have the basics down (aka her bio, answers to the usual questions regarding why I chose the school, why I want to pursue law, etc) but was wondering if anyone has either/or:

1) Experienced an admissions meeting at W&M who may have advice/tips?

OR

2) Ideas for less cliche questions or conversation topics?

Thanks and good luck to all on admissions!

Comments

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@"madeline.black278" said:
    Hi all-

I have a meet and greet with William & Mary Dean's Office next week, and am assuming that I should approach it like an interview. I have the basics down (aka her bio, answers to the usual questions regarding why I chose the school, why I want to pursue law, etc) but was wondering if anyone has either/or:

1) Experienced an admissions meeting at W&M who may have advice/tips?

OR

2) Ideas for less cliche questions or conversation topics?

Thanks and good luck to all on admissions!

Sounds like you have most of the important bases covered. One thing to add is that it also seems standard issue to have a good reason for wanting to live and attend law school in the area where the law school is located. In other words, just have a bit of a "Why X" essay in your head for W&M.

Good luck and let us know how it goes :)

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Maybe ask for two examples of classes they'd be sure to take if they were about to start school there.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

Ask them what they consider a successful personal statement. This may give you a clue on what to write about - if you haven't done so already.

Try to give them your "sales pitch". Why they should take you vs all the other applicants. You want them to remember you.

After the meeting follow up with an email to thank them for meeting with you. Then every few weeks, check in with them and tell them where you are in the process.

• madeline.black278madeline.black278 Alum Member
    15 karma

Thanks for the input ya'll :)

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Please let us know how it goes. Have fun with the conversation.