Drexel Thomas Kline Skype Interview

dcfaulcon66dcfaulcon66 Free Trial Member

Received an email encouraging me to take part in an optional interview from this school. They are not my first choice and probably will not even go if admitted. My question is two-fold. Why have been selected for the interview and what kinds of questions do they ask. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

It could be that you are a borderline applicant or perhaps they want to see how strong your interest is in the school. If you won't go even if you are admitted then I think that will show and you may have a poor interview and maybe you won't get admitted.

Check out @"Paul Caint" 's post of his interview with Georgetown. I know its not the same school and certainly not in the same league but maybe it could help you prep. Actually, since you don't even want to go to that school I would suggest to decline the interview. Why do it if you don't even want to go? I would think its a waste of time.

Also - curious to know why you wouldn't go if admitted?

• Bob LoblawBob Loblaw Member
    108 karma

Don't know if this answers your question, but schedule permitting, I think you should definitely go for the interview, even if you are not interested in the school. If you are asking "what kinds of questions do they ask", then you will probably have that same question for other interviews with schools you are interested in.

So this will probably be a good way to practice and hone your skills as an interviewee. You might also end up learning something about the school that piques your interest.

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

@Tenzin_W said:
    Don't know if this answers your question, but schedule permitting, I think you should definitely go for the interview, even if you are not interested in the school. If you are asking "what kinds of questions do they ask", then you will probably have that same question for other interviews with schools you are interested in.

So this will probably be a good way to practice and hone your skills as an interviewee. You might also end up learning something about the school that piques your interest.

@Tenzin_W that's a good and positive way to look at it!