Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So... how did you guys apply to school? Any tips?

KK Free Trial Member
edited August 2013 in General 345 karma
This is a very basic question but I plan on applying to schools this year so I can start attending next fall.

I've tried to gather some information online but each minute I spend on something else is a minute not spent on the LSAT! :<

So far I've gathered that I need to send my transcript to LSAC, get LORs from professors, and take the LSAT and do well on it.

However, how do you actually apply to a school? Is it just online forms you fill out for each school or is it all done through the LSAC site? Do I ask my professors to write an LOR and send it to me (awkward) or do I have to give them stamped envelopes to send to each school?

I don't know how to exactly ask this without embarrassing myself but I really don't want to screw up law school admissions lol. Thanks.

Comments

• MAMA Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    No need to feel embarrassed, you will do everything through LSAC.org, the same website that you used to sign up for the LSAT. If you log into your account, click on the "Apply" tab. This will give you instructions for purchasing the Credential Assembly Service (which you pay for in addition to the individual school application fees/waivers), for adding schools and filling out their applications, uploading PS and any other essays, electronically requesting LORs and transcripts, and submitting your applications. Good luck with your cycle!!
  • KK Free Trial Member
    345 karma
    Oh whew that's good to know.

ty!