Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Second LSAT in December- Strategies

immanueladeolaimmanueladeola Free Trial Member
edited October 2014 in General 42 karma
I took the September exam, and walked out of the test center confused and flustered. It was challenging, but I couldn't really tell you how I did on it. I was in the mid 150s before the test, and I thought maybe if I had luck on my side I could reach 160 on the real thing. However, I don't think I did, so I'm retaking it in December.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about how I can improve to the mid to late 160s before then. My strongest section is the LG, and my weakest is the LR. I'm tempted to start my prep from the beginning and re learn all the concepts and strategies necessary to do well. But that feels like a waste of valuable time.

Anyone have any suggestions about how to prepare for December?

Thanks!!

Comments

• madeleinemadeleine Alum Member
    259 karma
    It's not a waste of time. I took in December 2013 and scored well. I'm re-taking to score higher (I cancelled Sept., re-taking Dec 14). I restarted 7Sage completely to prepare for September and my second PT was a record by 3 points. Taking time to re-learn the material ensures you haven't missed anything; I consistently scored 4-6 points higher during my second round of studying. Take the time to do it.
  • jeje9999jeje9999 Alum Member
    69 karma
    My case is nearly identical to yours. Since my weakest is also LR, i'm planning to review some of those lessons and do more timed problem sets. I'm also going to go through the entire LG bundle, and then proceed to do fully timed PTs after that. I don't think I reviewed my mistakes enough while preparing for the sept exam so I hope I can have a better system of reviewing mistakes more than once /fool proofing games, etc etc.
  • immanueladeolaimmanueladeola Free Trial Member
    42 karma
    I think you're right Madeleine, and that's where my head is at really. I guess I'm just trying to figure out if there's a better way. But I'm just gonna approach everything with a clean mind, and see if I missed anything.

Thanks!

And jeje that's similar to what I'm doing too to. The LG can be incredibly difficult if you don't know/understand how to approach the different games, but it can also be incredibly easy if you can quickly create a mental picture of the question, diagram well, and make inferences and or deductions! It used to be my worse section but now I love it!! Once you get a hang of how to diagram well and understand the rules they give you, as well as what those rules explicitly and implicitly tell you, the whole process gets easier!

The LR is still a challenge, but I'm thinking that the best approach is to make a step by step guide of how you feel comfortable approaching it, and practice that over and over again.

Good luck!