Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice on how to best study for retake in June?

LauraC829LauraC829 Alum Member
edited February 2018 in General 218 karma

I took a longer break than I should have after the December exam but I am now ready to get back into studying and giving it my all so that hopefully June is my last exam! I completed the Starter course and got a 160, but my goal is to score around 167-170 so I upgraded to the Ultimate. How should I get back into it after this hiatus? Should I redo the CC? I never actually foolproofed last time I prepped, though I did BR all of my PTs (took about 20). I work full-time but can use early mornings and sometimes evenings as well as weekends. Any advice is appreciated! :)

Comments

• nessa.k13.0nessa.k13.0 Inactive ⭐
    4141 karma

Hi @LauraC829 !

Have you taken a PT recently? That would help indicate where your weaknesses are and what you should go back to in the CC. It’s usually a good idea to review conditional logic and make sure you have an airtight understanding of flaws. Make sure you’re comfortable with substitution questions and that you can work through convoluted RC passages well. The questions you miss will lead the way though.

• 136 karma

I wouldn't say redo the CC with a score of 160. If you know what your weaknesses are to a fair degree, focus on them. Having upgraded to Ultimate +, you have access to the LG bundle 1-35. Drill those to start if you are coming up shorter than you would like in that section. If you are relatively unsure of your weaknesses, then I agree that you should take a PT and see where you stand. Best of luck!

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

It probably depends on your section breakdown, but if you are missing any points at all in logic games foolproofing should be your first step until you are not.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

160 is a great score!. I would redo the CC, focusing on question types and sections that I'm struggling with and skimming through the rest. Redoing the CC will help you become re-familiarized with the LSAT material. I notice that like lifting weights, there's a bit of muscle memory invovled with doing LSAT questions. If you have previously practiced for an extended period of time, you should be able to pick up where you left off in a about a week or so. Since you are working full time, maybe it will take a bit longer.

• LauraC829LauraC829 Alum Member
    218 karma
  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

@LauraC829 said:
    @westcoastbestcoast @"Seeking Perfection" @"Mindful Monkey" @"nessa.k13.0" Thank you all for your helpful responses!

Your welcome @LauraC829 . We are here to help. Let us know if you need more help