Advice - reviewing incorrect questions

stormstorm Member
edited February 2018 in General 261 karma

Hey!

I am wondering whether folks have any advice on a strategy I am trying out, which I am hoping could be helpful/successful. I'm taking the June LSAT and have been studying since early January. I'm through all lr in CC and am slowly working through lg. I am doing a dual-prong approach of learning new lg material while focusing in on my weaknesses in lr (mainly N.A. and Flaw questions). So, my first question: is it an okay strategy to weak lr types while working through lg? For context, lg are my strongest section (even prior to doing any CC lessons on the section). My hope is that, by doing these both at the same time, I will give myself more time to let the drilling lessons learned from lr soak in, since lg comes quick to me.

My weekday studying generally looks like the following:
6-8 a.m. (focus on CC, lg at this point)
8:30-9:15 a.m. (while on commute to work, complete at least 4 lr problem sets)
9:15 a.m.-7:30p.m. (work, commute home, cook dinner and watch an episode of a 25 min TV show)
7:30-10:00 p.m. (drill 6 more lr problem sets if possible and then do any cc I can fit in that time)

Daily study time total: ~5.25
Daily study time for cc: ~2.5 (I watch videos on 2X+ speed and can follow, so the content moves faster than prescribed)
Daily study time for lr weaknesses: ~2.75

I do take off 1 or 2 days a week from studying given how many hours I put in each weekday + weekend.

Note that any questions I get wrong and/or br incorrectly in both the cc studying or the drilling, I cut out of the piece of paper and insert into a folder that says the date I am to go back and review the questions on (+7 days from the end of the current week). I currently hold Saturday's as my day to work through any questions I answered incorrectly from that weekend's labeled folder. I take as much time to do this and also re-watch cc lessons for any reoccurring issues. If I get a question wrong again, I move it into the following week's folder and keep doing so until I am understanding the question.

Once I am done the cc doing this method, I will go ahead and dedicate weekends to PTs and readjust my schedule from there.

Would really appreciate any feedback here! I'm not forgetting about rc, I'm just holding off on focusing on it until my lr gets a bit stronger as I already know my lr "room to improve" is what is holding me back from scoring consistently well in rc.

Comments

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

What you're doing is good, and it's great that you're starting to study in the mornings. How do you get into study mode after sleeping?

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Your lsat workflow looks good but dont forget to make time for exercise and meditation. It will keep your cortisol levels down and help you get through lsat with a level head

• stormstorm Member
    261 karma

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. Honestly, the hardest thing for me is feeling confident I am using my time as wisely as I can.

@lsatplaylist said:
    What you're doing is good, and it's great that you're starting to study in the mornings. How do you get into study mode after sleeping?

Thanks! My job requires me to be up early two days a week to update a database, so thankfully getting up early every weekday actually is a major contributor to my sleep mode post-studying.

I always brew a hot cup of tea at night to have while studying and have these (v extra) lights that dim the hour before bed time, both of which help. I also don’t stress myself out if my mind turns to soup and I’m too sleepy. I just sleep if I need it, or take a break and eat dark chocolate and watch Great British Bake-off.

All that said, some nights are harder than others. What does your schedule look like?

@westcoastbestcoast said:
    Your lsat workflow looks good but dont forget to make time for exercise and meditation. It will keep your cortisol levels down and help you get through lsat with a level head

Yes and yes! I use headspace (a meditation app that I love) and also always cook dinner for myself (I don’t have a microwave so nothing is zap-able). I do my best with the gym.. if I’m exhausted after work I usually force myself to workout as it gives me an energy boost I can use for at least 1 hour of productive studying before bed.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Inspiring. Thanks for sharing your routine.