Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question from 7Sager about which course to choose

studentservicestudentservice Alum Member Administrator Moderator Student Services
edited March 2018 in General 1421 karma

Hey guys, we're posting on behalf of a 7Sager. They're wondering the following:

Which package do you recommend that I sign up for to take the June LSAT?

Any advice or questions for this 7Sager?

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Unfortunately this is hard to answer without knowing more. It's a big investment. How much have you studied before, if at all?

I would suggest Premium or Ultimate because of how inclusive the packages are. Ultimate+ equipped me with everything I needed to achieve my score of 171.

You deff want access to the CC - having access to PT's and question type drills is EXTREMELY helpful as well...

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma

With only three months to go, I’d say the Starter is probably plenty. The higher level packs come with a lot of additional materials and features, but you won’t have time to take advantage of them.

That said, there is the question of if you should be aiming for June at all. How long have you been studying? What is your goal score and how close to it are you? If you’re just starting out, you’ve likely heard the conventional “wisdom” that three months is all you need to study for this test. For the overwhelming majority of us, though, that is insufficient.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Also, do you really have to take it in June?

• sarah_philips91sarah_philips91 Alum Member
    45 karma

Hello everyone,

I am the person who asked the above question.

I have been studying on and off for the LSAT since 2013. I graduated from college in 2014. I’ve tried Nelson Prep Course, Blueprint (three times), and just recently tried TestMasters. Unfortunately, I have not been scoring to well. I wanted to take the June 2018 LSAT because I would like to start school this following Fall.

Since I have some LSAT experience, what package should I start using? I just recently quit my job so, currently, I am not working. For the next three months, I will have enough time to study. I want to do as much studying as I can.

Thanks everyone.

13286 karma

@sarah_philips91 said:
    Hello everyone,

I am the person who asked the above question.

I have been studying on and off for the LSAT since 2013. I graduated from college in 2014. I’ve tried Nelson Prep Course, Blueprint (three times), and just recently tried TestMasters. Unfortunately, I have not been scoring to well. I wanted to take the June 2018 LSAT because I would like to start school this following Fall.

Since I have some LSAT experience, what package should I start using? I just recently quit my job so, currently, I am not working. For the next three months, I will have enough time to study. I want to do as much studying as I can.

Thanks everyone.

Hey! So there are a few things here.

One, I think that in person classes are deceptive, unfair and do not really help with the LSAT. The people that improve their scores in those types of classes do 99% of the work outside of the class self studying. Those classes simply do not give you what you need to improve. They rush through material, they don;t personalize the material to what you need, and they really are just after $$$. I honestly believe the LSAT is a battle that we need to approach from an individual standpoint and now "large class" situation will ever work.

If you don't mind me asking, do you have a goal score? a goal school? have you taken a full timed PT (I assume so) what is your score range currently?

Which sections hurt you the most? LG/LR/RC? all of them?

Are you dead set on applying this cycle, June is pretty late in the game. Most schools deadlines for applications will have passed. I think you might be stuck applying for Fall of 2019....depending on the outcomes you are looking for.

If you don't want to share this stuff on the forum feel free to PM me and we can have a discussion about it!!

• Starter, or premium is what I'm currently thinking, but that can all change!
  • sarah_philips91sarah_philips91 Alum Member
    edited March 2018 45 karma

I absolutely agree with you when it comes to learning in a classroom setting. I feel that everything is rushed.

I don’t really mind scoring from the 50s and up.

I was thinking of maybe trying the ultimate +. Since I’m currently unemployed, I should be able to handle the intense work in 3 months.

Please, I would love to hear from other people.

13286 karma

@sarah_philips91 said:
    I absolutely agree with you when it comes to learning in a classroom seating. I feel that everything is rushed.

I don’t really mind scoring from the 50s and up.

I was thinking of maybe trying the ultimate +. Since I’m currently unemployed, I should be able to handle the intense work in 3 months.

Please, I would love to hear from other people.

You can always upgrade! Ultimate+ is amazing. It really did give me everything I need, but I also used it for almost a year. So your mileage may vary...