Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low GPA, ~okay~ LSAT.. what are my chances? :/

mmmmmkk99mmmmmkk99 Alum Member

Hey guys! Hope you guys are having a great week :-) It's so awesome seeing all the admission posts and I've been on reddit/here now for about 2 hrs just reading through them all and feeling super motivated!

I have a pretty low UG GPA and I plan on writing an addendum for this (family illness/work). I recently took my first LSAT and scored a 159. My goal for the September exam is to hit a 165+ which I know I can do if I put in the time.

So question is- what are my chances at UGA/Emory/GA STATE? And I'm also interested in UC IRVINE/DAVIS as well. At times I feel pretty motivated and know I'll eventually end up at the school I'm meant to be at if I put in 110% effort. But then again... at times I feel super discouraged bc of my gpa.

Comments

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

What is your GPA?

• mmmmmkk99mmmmmkk99 Alum Member
    56 karma

@goingfor99th said:
    What is your GPA?

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited March 2018 3072 karma

@mvkimmmmm said:

@goingfor99th said:
    What is your GPA?

@LSATcantwin

LSATcantwin is a hard-splitter, like you may be someday. He probably has more insight into this than I do.

• Tom_TangoTom_Tango Alum Member
    902 karma

just get as high as possible on the LSAT

• PearsonSpecterLittUpPearsonSpecterLittUp Alum Member
    588 karma

For Emory I think you'll have a decent chance with 165+, especially with a good GPA addendum. (I'm a *bit of a splitter and got a very generous scholarship from them with a 166)).

56 karma

@PearsonSpecterLittUp said:
    For Emory I think you'll have a decent chance with 165+, especially with a good GPA addendum. (I'm a *bit of a splitter and got a very generous scholarship from them with a 166)).

Aw that's awesome!! Congrats on your acceptance :)

• Paul PedersonPaul Pederson Member
    903 karma

Im a super super splitter. 2.17, 160 with military soft. I'll let you know when I hear back from the schools I applied to.

56 karma

@"Paul Pederson" said:
    Im a super super splitter. 2.17, 160 with military soft. I'll let you know when I hear back from the schools I applied to.

Thank you! Good luck :)