Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Law School News

mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
edited March 2018 in Law School Admissions 891 karma

Has anyone heard anything from any of their schools today?

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Pretty sure I have bad news waiting at home from Irvine. lol This cycle is rough.

• mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
    891 karma

@LSATcantwin said:
    Pretty sure I have bad news waiting at home from Irvine. lol This cycle is rough.

Oh no! What makes you say that? Re the bad news waiting

13286 karma

@mcglz_64 said:

@LSATcantwin said:

Bunch of letters were sent out recently. Both WL and rejections.

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

I'm not even applying this cycle but the Law School Admissions subreddit is crazy right now.

891 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@mcglz_64 said:

@LSATcantwin said:

Hey you never know! My fingers are crossed for you and I'm sending positive thoughts!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

I finally got an interview request from Cornell! Came in this morning. I thought for sure I was dead in the water on that one since I'd been complete since 2/2. But that's it so far...

891 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    I finally got an interview request from Cornell! Came in this morning. I thought for sure I was dead in the water on that one since I'd been complete since 2/2. But that's it so far...

Congratulations and good luck on the interview !!

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

Omg!!! Hope you get in. Will you attend this cycle if you do?

8392 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@mcglz_64 said:

@LSATcantwin said:

Side note: super irritating that some schools are still doing snail mail. I moved in to a new apartment a few weeks ago and informed every school, but I'm still nervous they will send stuff to the old address. I have my mail forwarded but that can take a week or 2 sometimes when they re-route it. Or sometimes the post office messes it up and just doesn't forward. It's a total crapshoot.

13286 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@mcglz_64 said:

@LSATcantwin said:

Side note: super irritating that some schools are still doing snail mail. I moved in to a new apartment a few weeks ago and informed every school, but I'm still nervous they will send stuff to the old address. I have my mail forwarded but that can take a week or 2 sometimes when they re-route it. Or sometimes the post office messes it up and just doesn't forward. It's a total crapshoot.

Yeah it is dumb...

Shouldn't it at least be the other way around? lol Acceptances by mail and rejects by e-mail? I'd want the good news in physical form and bad news in a dumb email....

891 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@mcglz_64 said:

@LSATcantwin said:

That's annoying! Did you do the standard post office request for mail forwarding too? It took a while for my stuff to forward to my new place.

891 karma

@LSATcantwin said:

@"Leah M B" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@mcglz_64 said:

@LSATcantwin said:

Yeah it is dumb...

Shouldn't it at least be the other way around? lol Acceptances by mail and rejects by e-mail? I'd want the good news in physical form and bad news in a dumb email....

Right?? I got my first acceptance (and literally only news so far) from my "safety school" via email a few days ago after getting my wisdom teeth out. I was casually checking email with gauze in my mouth when I saw the news load on my phone. I was excited to see it but it felt so unceremonious.

8392 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:

@"Leah M B" said:

Thank you! :) It would very much depend on scholarship money. I won't take anything at sticker.

8392 karma

@mcglz_64 said:

@"Leah M B" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@mcglz_64 said:

@LSATcantwin said:

That's annoying! Did you do the standard post office request for mail forwarding too? It took a while for my stuff to forward to my new place.

Yep, did the USPS forwarding. I've driven by my old place once or twice too to double check if there's anything in the box with my name haha.

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

@westcoastbestcoast said:

@"Leah M B" said:

Thank you! :) It would very much depend on scholarship money. I won't take anything at sticker.

Nice! I do hope you get in with some money!!

• ZizouFriedaZizouFrieda Free Trial Member
    58 karma

I got the same interview request, Leah! I’d just about written Cornell off. Happy dance!

8392 karma

@khuber Awesome! I know, right? Maybe just because it's end of the cycle and adcom is super busy. But it took forever to hear anything! Hah.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited March 2018 9372 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@mcglz_64 said:

@LSATcantwin said:

Wait, UCI is doing snail mail!? You have to check my physical mail box!? :worried:

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    3072 karma

Yale awarded me $37,000 for this year. Awards are recalculated every year.

:X

I feel like I commit a crime every time I tell someone.

8392 karma

@akistotle said:

@"Leah M B" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@mcglz_64 said:

@LSATcantwin said:

Wait, UCI is doing snail mail!? You have to check my physical mail box!? :worried:

YES. Snail mail, no status checker or anything. I saw some people post saying they got notices from USPS saying that mail was en route, but it sounds like not everyone got that notice either. So weird. Very 90s retro haha. Feels like when I applied for undergrad and we all had to wait and check the mail every day after school!

3072 karma

Rejected at Harvard a few minutes ago!

891 karma

@goingfor99th said:

Hey me too! Honestly it was such a long shot for me that I shouldn't be surprised but I am disappointed and a little down about it. Oh well! Got a few more to go.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

@akistotle said:

@"Leah M B" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@mcglz_64 said:

@LSATcantwin said:

YES. Snail mail, no status checker or anything. I saw some people post saying they got notices from USPS saying that mail was en route, but it sounds like not everyone got that notice either. So weird. Very 90s retro haha. Feels like when I applied for undergrad and we all had to wait and check the mail every day after school!

Wow, I knew they had no status checker, but they don't email? That really sucks.

Plus, why did I say "my physical mail box" lol (typo)

3072 karma

@mcglz_64 said:

@goingfor99th said:

Hey me too! Honestly it was such a long shot for me that I shouldn't be surprised but I am disappointed and a little down about it. Oh well! Got a few more to go.

Only Stanford left for me!

So glad to be almost done.

• PearsonSpecterLittUpPearsonSpecterLittUp Alum Member
    588 karma

LOVING seeing all your progress reports, keep it up and keeping my fingers crossed for y'all :smile:

• spitzy11spitzy11 Alum Member
    772 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

@akistotle said:

@"Leah M B" said:

@LSATcantwin said:

@mcglz_64 said:

@LSATcantwin said:

I got an email with my acceptance. With them it looks like acceptance via email and any scholarship info is contained within the actual acceptance package.

• TheLogicianTheLogician Member
    43 karma

I just got into Harvard law this morning! What a call that was. LSAT 175 (LSAC)GPA 3.99

3072 karma

@TheLogician said:
    I just got into Harvard law this morning! What a call that was. LSAT 175 (LSAC)GPA 3.99

Great job!!!

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    edited March 2018 4423 karma

Waitlisted at Harvard this morning. LSAC GPA 3.81. LSAT 180.

3072 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" said:

Still Y and S?

• East coast schools stay slow, damn man... I'm almost over all this bs

• 93 karma

Waitlisted at Harvard this morning - 175 LSAT 3.9+ LSAC GPA. It's been... An okay-ish cycle for me so far? I was accepted to Columbia but have been waitlisted at Northwestern and Michigan. Haven't heard anything else for months so... :neutral:

4423 karma

@goingfor99th said:

Still Y and S?

Still waiting on them.

• blackberryblackberry Alum Member
    edited May 2019 218 karma

Congratulations, everyone! Has anyone heard from Columbia/NYU? Was wondering if anyone who was accepted would be willing to share their stats with me. Thanks!

13286 karma

No letter from UCI last night, so I’m still stuck in purgatory! Lol

UCI, Northwest, UPenn, UChicago...where you guys at?!

• J.CHRIS.ALSTJ.CHRIS.ALST Alum Member
    399 karma

@LSATGarbageMan said:
    Waitlisted at Harvard this morning - 175 LSAT 3.9+ LSAC GPA. It's been... An okay-ish cycle for me so far? I was accepted to Columbia but have been waitlisted at Northwestern and Michigan. Haven't heard anything else for months so... :neutral:

Wow - these are some phenomenal numbers being wait listed here. I'm curious as to what point in the cycle you applied in?

4423 karma

@"J.CHRIS.ALST" said:

@LSATGarbageMan said:

Wow - these are some phenomenal numbers being wait listed here. I'm curious as to what point in the cycle you applied in?

End of December for me. One of my letter of rec writers took a long time.

Harvard never interviewed me so I knew it was bad news.

I think I'm a little underperforming my numbers overall. Maybe, I applied a little late in a competitive cycle. Maybe, my app isn't good either because of bad essays or my generally weak experience(KJD) or something. Maybe I should have went to a professional for advice. The good thing for me is that my best offer (Michigan) is exactly what I needed at the place I wanted to be happy with my cycle. I'd like something else for a little negotiating power, but if I don't get it, it is still okay.

Yale: No response
    Stanford: No response
    Harvard: Waitlist
    Chicago: Interviewed
    Columbia: Admitted
    NYU: No response
    Penn: No response
    Michigan: In with $150,000
    Virginia: No response
    Duke: Admitted, waiting on scholarship
    Northwestern: Automatic interview, no response
    Cornell: No response
    WUSTL: in with full Tuition

• This cycle sucks

• LCMama2017LCMama2017 Alum Member
    2134 karma

How the hell are you not in Harvard with a 180 :(. I mean, its a 180 for crying out loud. What the hell do these people want?

• @"Seeking Perfection" said:

I might be wrong, but doesn't Harvard favor gpa>lsat?

3072 karma

Numbers only mean so much, even if they are the most important thing in the vast majority of cases.

8392 karma

It's a crazy year, y'all. I feel like I saw somewhere K-JDs were having a particularly rough cycle, so it may be that for some of you guys with outstanding numbers. Who knows.

891 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    It's a crazy year, y'all. I feel like I saw somewhere K-JDs were having a particularly rough cycle, so it may be that for some of you guys with outstanding numbers. Who knows.

What’s a KJD?

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

@mcglz_64 KJD means kindergarten through law school so it's someone who goes straight from undergrad to law school.

891 karma

@Emily2122 said:
    @mcglz_64 KJD means kindergarten through law school so it's someone who goes straight from undergrad to law school.

Ohhhh! Thanks!

4423 karma

@LCMama2017 said:

How the hell are you not in Harvard with a 180 :(. I mean, its a 180 for crying out loud. What the hell do these people want?

As I said maybe a better GPA, maybe good work experience, maybe different essays.

@OverRatedUnderAchiever said:

I might be wrong, but doesn't Harvard favor gpa>lsat?

I wouldn't say any schools really favor GPA over LSAT and if I had to pick some that did I would pick Chicago and Stanford before Harvard, but they definitely care about GPA and for them mine is a little low. Maybe I can boost it a little with Spring grades.

• @"Leah M B" said:

I am one of those it's brutal having to endure this. Graduation is around the corner, and now knowing where I go next is making me panic.

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    1465 karma

@mcglz_64 said:

@goingfor99th said:

Same for me , misery loves company ?

• tylerdschreur10tylerdschreur10 Alum Member
    edited March 2018 1465 karma

@"Seeking Perfection" I'm in the same boat, UofM have me 120k and I'd love to go there, but would love some negotiation power. So far I haven't heard from Y and S, dinged at H, Cornell, and Berkeley, WL at Chi, Col, Penn, UVA, Duke, and Ucla. In at Texas, but less aid than mighty michigan, so not much help

4423 karma

@tylerdschreur10 said:
    @"Seeking Perfection" I'm in the same boat, UofM have me 120k and I'd love to go there, but would love some negotiation power. So far I haven't heard from Y and S, dinged at H, Cornell, and Berkeley, WL at Chi, Col, Penn, UVA, Duke, and Ucla. In at Texas, but less aid than mighty michigan, so not much help

I feel you. Everything I have read about law school admissions tells me that if you don't somehow negotiate scholarships you are probably being taken advantage of, but I can't see how I can get any leverage to get them to move. I'm certainly happy I have the one really good offer from Michigan,but kind of want one more.