Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why X Essay

mcglz_64mcglz_64 Alum Member
in General 891 karma

Like most of us, my applications are all submitted and complete or under review. I have maybe 2-3 schools that I am still waiting on and would definitely go to. Is it too late to send a "Why X" essay? Not sure how these are done. Is it weird to send one when you app is possibly in the middle of being reviewed? Is it bad? If I do send one, I'll be emailing it in. I'm really nervous about this cycle. I don't have the best numbers and just got rejected at UVA. It wasn't my top choice by any means but I am desperate right now and lots of my apps are still pending.

Comments

• TabbyG123TabbyG123 Member
    711 karma

Schools all differ in terms of whether they accept additional application elements. I would send an email to the admissions office and ask if you can attach it as a addendum to your application. The worst they can say is no.

Here's a helpful guide to writing a Why X essay. It's written partially for undergrad, but just replace all of the school elements with journals, professors, clinics, and law classes that you want to take.

https://www.collegeessayguy.com/blog/why-this-college-essay