Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Taking same PT more than once?

edited April 2018 in General 9 karma

Hi All!

I am retaking the LSAT in June and I am currently studying again but I am retaking some of the more recent PTs that I took over a year ago when I first began studying.

I am a full time teacher and have a part-time job, so I am really busy and have given myself ample time and space to prepare for this test. So far, I have not recalled any of the questions/answers on the PTs I have taken again. Some subject matter does seem familiar, but to be honest it all seems to blend together after a while.

What do you all think? Retake more of the recent PTs (2007-on) for practice, or just go to the older ones, which I have never seen before?

Comments

• LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma

If you have access to all I'd stick mostly with new material, though reusing PTs is still very helpful. As long as you are still going through the proper thought processes and techniques, you will still be sharpening your skills and the patterns will be sinking into your mind.

• Thank you so much!

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

Tests you have nottajen before will be better diagnostics though tests you have already taken are still good practice.

• SwoopSwoopEagleSwoopSwoopEagle Alum Member
    edited April 2018 78 karma

I recently started taking old PTs and I think it's an underrated component of studying. Aside from some 5-star questions I've specifically reviewed for their Q-type, I can't remember stems or answers to most any of the questions, let alone so well that I don't have to go through the mental processes required to answer them. The value of taking these re-tests is in identifying the questions that for whatever reason haven't sunk in after all those months. That two-star question you got wrong and wrote off as a misread? Well, you got it wrong again, maybe take closer look this time. It helps to identify things that maybe aren't noticeable in normal, progressive studying. Also, if you're like me, you learn to approach these re-tests with an incredulous eye, specifically for the reason stated above. It's just another training tool, and I think they're great for timed sections as well.

EDIT: Just FYI, all the old tests I've taken thus far have 6+ months distance on them

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

It seems like a good strategy provided that you remember it's not a fresh PT when you're looking at data points.

• Thank you, everybody! It seems like a good test tool, though not the MOST accurate. I will retake the newer PTs and also do some of the older that I have not seen yet.