Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

7 Week Mark

harrismeganharrismegan Member
edited October 2014 in General 2074 karma
That post made me start thinking.....

The highest I have gotten is 158. I'm hoping to sit somewhere in the mid 160s before the exam. I work full time, so I can't dedicate entire days to studying, but I'm going to propose a breakdown for how to go about getting such a score. Can someone look at it and tell me if they think it'll be effective?

Yesterday I wrote a practice test, and only got a 151. Which was disheartening. However, I realized that all the LG questions were from my weakest set - In/Out. And I really struggled with the Reading Comprehension, so those are two areas I need to focus on improving.

Saturday
- Prep Test
- Review Logical Reasoning both sections (BR)
- Review Logic Games Section (BR)
- Identify Problem Areas/Areas needing work
- Review

Sunday
- Review Reading Comprehension (BR)
- LG practice
- 1-2 Reading Comprehension practice
- Work on LR problem areas

During the week I ride the LRT to work, which is about 30 minutes of time a day. During this ride, I like to pull out Art History/ Scientific America Articles and read/make notes on them/ decipher the main point in the paragraphs and such, while working on retaining the passage. I do this daily.

Monday
- Review LR from the Prep Test
- LG Practice
- 2 RC Practice
- Review problem areas with LR
- Read Information (I have a print out of all the lessons that I review)

Tuesday/ Thursday
- Repeat of Saturday

Wednesday/Friday
- Repeat of Sunday

This will allow me to do.... 3 prep tests a week. An additional 6-8 Reading Comprehension practices, with memory method, get some additional "hard" reading in, and work on LG.

Does this seem effective? I am trying not to let the 151 bother me too much, but it's hard not to! I really want to target my problem areas.

Comments

• turnercmturnercm Alum Member 🍌
    770 karma
    i think it looks great! don't forget to take a day off every now and then (even though you're not studying while you work) :)