Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Part-time to Full-time Study

OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
in General 2531 karma

Hi all,

Starting in less than a month, I will be transitioning from part-time study to full-time study. I'm looking for some recommendations about full-time study methods/scheduling. I'm also very worried about burn out. I plan to test in September so I will be studying full-time for about 3 months.

Some background info: I have finished the CC, and have made only a little progress fool-proofing LG's 1-35. Additionally, I only took 2 tests since completing CC, so there's a lot of material that I still have to get through. I'd say 25-30h/week is needed (minimum) for me to get through all of the content. I tend to struggle on LG and RC specifically. I want to score 170+ but i'd guess that I am still stuck in low 160's range.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• blackberryblackberry Alum Member
    edited January 2019 218 karma

Hi there!

I am in the exact same situation as you are (but I plan to take the December test, and will be studying full time from mid-September onwards). I've also finished the CC and have only completed 2 tests! 170+ is my goal also and I am also stuck where you are...

Can't give you much tips, but just wanted to let you know you're not alone! And also keen on hearing some advices from those studying full-time.

• goingfor99thgoingfor99th Free Trial Member
    edited April 2018 3072 karma

3-5 days of LG, 3-5 days of LR, 3-5 days of RC, repeat. It's okay to spend more days on a given section type. I had many 10+ day runs on LG (more like 30+ day runs) and many 20+ day runs on LR. RC was not as much fun for me so I probably had a real average of 3-5 day runs.

4 hours/day with a 30-60 minute break about halfway though
    5 days/week
    exceptions: I have had 8 hour days and 1 hour days

That's a good guide. Some days are better than others--be cognizant of this. Don't ruin your own experience with the LSAT by studying when you are miserable or you momentarily hate the exam. You can and should play around with time/day and days/week. You will want to continually increase your workloads from where you start to test yourself and to build skills, then maybe pull back a bit near your official test so you don't burnout, which will be easier to do when you are scoring 95th+ percentile. I took some time off before my test. This allowed me to go into the test fresh.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

@goingfor99th this sounds like a pretty solid plan. Thank you for the feedback and good luck with admissions and making your final decision :)