Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

158 on first diagnostic. 173 on first BR.

SF City DuSF City Du Alum Member

Hi all, just looking for any insight on what you think is possible/plausible/likely.

I just took my first diagnostic and scored a 158, then a 173 on the blind review. I still have 3 months until my actual test date. What type of score do you think I could or should be aiming for now that I know where I currently sit?

Thanks!

Comments

• AllezAllez21AllezAllez21 Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    1917 karma

Both of those scores are fantastic. You've absolutely got the potential to go at least 175 if not 180.

It's going to be hard to get there within 3 months, but you're selling yourself short if you settle for less.

Guessing you're taking July, but think about taking in September as well.

• testfromawaytestfromaway Alum Member
    280 karma

It's clear you know most of the things you need to know for the test, the issue you're facing is time. If you practice (PT and then BR, PT and then BR, and repeat), you'll get much faster. You need to practice these questions enough that your knowledge can be applied quickly, so you might be starting with high numbers but it doesn't mean much if you're slow about it. Time to really buckle down on the PTs.

See where you're at in 3 months, but I feel like September test date could be even more to your advantage, and every point you can eek out at those high numbers pulls your percentile up even further and could translate to cash and some seriously stellar offers. A 173 BR on your first test is no joke, but now see if you can grind out PTs that match that score or surpass it within the correct time limit. Congrats on the fantastic start!

• olepuebloolepueblo Alum Member
    235 karma

Excellent work! I was in a similar position when I first started. Make sure to leave plenty of room for pting. I'd try to plan for 25-30 tests if you're set on maximizing your score!

• SF City DuSF City Du Alum Member
    84 karma

@swamlepow said:
    Excellent work! I was in a similar position when I first started. Make sure to leave plenty of room for pting. I'd try to plan for 25-30 tests if you're set on maximizing your score!

Thanks! I know it's not my business, but would you feel comfortable telling me what you ultimately got? Is aiming for 168+ reasonable?