Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Accommodation requesting a reader

gititenenbaumgititenenbaum Alum Member
in General 48 karma

Anyone have any knowledge about requesting a reader or using one. How difficult is it to get will they give extra time along with that or do you need to request that too/ do you get a copy of the test or only the reader does?
Any Info would be helpful.

Comments

• speedwagonspeedwagon Alum Member
    393 karma

A reader for what accommodation? Visual disability or other? If the former, lmk; I work with a blind attorney right now and I'm happy to hook y'all up.

• gititenenbaumgititenenbaum Alum Member
    48 karma

Wow didn't know there was that specialty in law, so cool, is that what you plan on going into too?
    thank G-d not blind (and hope to stay that way) but I have terrible unpredictable vision issues (side effects of cancer treatment) my cornea are scratched due to dryness and i need to use eye drops constantly which makes my vision blurry. Continues reading is also aggravating for my condition. I have my tear ducts plugged every six month and I uses rastasis, And refresh through out the day Glasses dont help because its a corneal issue I wear sunglasses indoor too sometimes to help.
    Im not sure if a reader without extra time is worth it, what happens if she reads slow, so i want to know if anyone ever used a reader how it worked out.