Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Significant difference between 1st and 2nd LR sections during timed PT

Ruby1234Ruby1234 Alum Member

Hey all,

In every single practice test I've taken, I've had a significant difference in score in my first and second LR sections. First section I average between 5-8 wrong, second section between 1-3 wrong....there's no pattern with question type. Thoughts on why this might be happening? I don't feel like I go faster in the first section so I'm not sure that it's rushing...Thanks!

Comments

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

Your brain might be "warming up" during the first LR section.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6050 karma

You need to warm up before you take the PT. You're going to have to experiment before you figure out exactly what works for you, whether it's 10 questions or an entire section.

Another thing you can try is skipping. Some times when my brain feels really slow even though it has been warmed up, I just eliminate 2 or 3 answers I'm sure are wrong but don't choose one answer for the first three or four questions. Then after I've laid my eyes on the others I come back and it usually doesn't take too long to pick the correct ac and move on.