Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not sure what is left to attack

RiseandGrindRiseandGrind Alum Member
in General 219 karma

After about 1.5 years of studying and working FT, I've managed to get average of -3/-4 in every section, consistently. (RC :-4, LR: -3/-4, LG: -4). Averaging around 166/167 and hoping to hit 170 by July. I fool proofed games from PT 15-35 and have taken PT36 - PT 83 at least once each. I don't really believe PT 15 and below hold much value, as the test has changed so drastically since 1995, but I may be mistaken. What is the best plan of attack for increasing my score by those last few points? Any advice and recommendations are greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Tonyk215Tonyk215 Alum Member
    123 karma

Im not a professional at giving advice on the LSAT but I think you would benefit most from practicing speed on LG. You could try doing LG sections in 30 minutes instead of 35 minutes so that way you can get fast enough to the point where you can spend that extra time on the hardest section. This has helped me to the point where I rarely get anything wrong in the games section.

You could also try to see which LR section is giving you difficulty and see if you need to warm up or practice your endurance. If the latter then you can try taking 2 practice tests back to back on the same day which will make a single PT feel like a breeze.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    4423 karma

Logic games are pretty clearly going to be your easiest remaining section to improve.

I think the games from 1-15 were pretty much as valuable as all the other games although they do have more frequent unusual games.

If you think they are less valuable though then take the most recent 15 PTs that you have already taken and foolproof their logic games before the July test.

Foolproof them by section. So take the whole section of from whatever PT you are doing under a time constraint. (Try to finish in time, but if you can't then still finish it). Then watch the video explanations. Then retake the section keeping it under 30 minutes. Then take it your next foolproofing day and if you don't get it under 30 minutes repeat until you do. Additionally, take the section the next week repeating if you can't finish it in 30 minutes.

As always with foolproofing make sure you are not memorizing the answers, but rather the process of making the inferences.

As far as LR I recommend keeping a folder of all your mistaken logical reasoning questions and going through it in your spare time focussing on the reasons why each right answer is right and each wrong answer choice is wrong.

I'd probably write off a major improvement on RC by July to focus on the other sections, but especially if timing is difficult in that section, I would practice memorizing the structure of the articles as you read them.