Post CC - Struggles with more challenging questions.

gkoebel1gkoebel1 Member

Hello ! This is actually my first post here on 7Sage though I have consistently browsed through the discussion boards. I am curious if anybody could give some general advice on my current struggles on LR. My original diagnostic test, never before seeing an LSAT in any form, was a 140. After the CC and taking roughly 3-4 PT's my scores are in the low 150's with the most obvious struggles coming in LR. I constantly go -8 to -12 in each LR section, though, what really perplexes me is that I seemingly only miss two or three questions at most throughout the first 15 or so questions in each LR section. I go on to miss as many as seven or eight of the remaining LR questions, sometimes as much as 5-6 in a row for the more challenging questions. I was just curious if anyone has experienced this before or if this is simply part of the beginning of doing the PT's.

I really appreciate any advice ! Thank You.

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27823 karma

Yeah, this isn’t odd. The harder questions take higher level of ability, and you’re not yet fully developed. This is a consistent and even good trend. Ideally, you want your errors to correlate to difficulty rather something more like question type. Revisit the CC lessons discussing proper BR and make sure you’re following those procedures exactly. Write out your explanations to keep yourself honest, and stick with the questions until you really understand them. The right answer isn’t the goal in BR, complete understanding is, and that always goes well beyond the minimal understanding required to get the right answer. It might also be good to revisit the section on grammar. Usually it’s language, not logic, that makes the harder questions harder. So be aware of that and break down the grammar and language as well as the logic as a part of your reviews.

• gkoebel1gkoebel1 Member
    122 karma

Thank you so much ! I really appreciate your insight and wisdom :)