Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buying the LSAT trainer with 1 month left...?

mew41195mew41195 Alum Member
edited May 2018 in General 159 karma

Does anyone see any value in me purchasing and starting to plug through the LSAT trainer for the June test (approx. 4 weeks)? I've only ever used 7sage and while I love it and have already increased ~17 points (increased 14 for Feb), I'm wondering if I should do any additional materials to milk every last minute up until the test.

For context, I work full-time (about 50 hours a week) so my studying is about 3 hours per work day (usually 1 or 2 sections w/BR and review and random lessons / videos depending on what I'm struggling with) and about 8-9 hours on Saturday / Sunday, with the weekend including a PT, BR, and review. I took the Feb LSAT and did fine but not completely happy so giving it another shot.

Was just wondering if I should stick to grinding it out with PTs and timed sections or if anyone thought adding a new element might help.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• ATLsat_2019ATLsat_2019 Member
    455 karma

I personally don't feel I gained that much from going through the Trainer. The one thing I think was helpful was some of the LG notation strategies that are a little different from JY's (though I still greatly prefer 7sage's method--I find it clearer and simpler). So maybe if LG is what you struggle most with it could be worth a shot. This is purely from my own experience, but I did not find the LR or RC strategies in the Trainer to be very helpful at all.

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

If you’re already using 7Sage, I see little value in using the Trainer as well. I agree with ATLsat_2019 The strategies in the Trainer are just ok. 7Sage’s are better.

• ZaTablerZaTabler Alum Member
    513 karma

No I wouldn't. I tried the trainer and didn't get much from it. I use velocity LSAT prep as well and it has been a huge help. You could get through all the videos in a month too. I would definitely recommend it.

• Kermit750Kermit750 Alum Member
    2124 karma

Speaking from experience with switching from one material to another so close to the exam date, I don't think that it would be beneficial for you to get the Trainer. It takes time to fully implement new strategies so I'll advice you to stick with 7sage and really tackle your weak areas through drilling and going back to the CC if you have to .

• BomhillzBomhillz Alum Member
    66 karma

I thought trainer was helpful to solidify the fundamentals that JY covered in core curriculum, took me about 3 weeks to honestly do the exercises and get through it. But if you've already increased 17 points (awesome btw!!) you'd probably be best served in the limited time left to continue fool proofing games and BR

If you decide to postpone, or aren't sure if you'll take it again after June then the LSAT trainer would probably be nice new perspective as you approach the LSAT for another time

• btate87btate87 Alum Member
    782 karma

Probably not with that little time. If you struggle with RC, you might get a bit of help on how to attack passages. Your last month is probably better spent on reinforcing what you've already got from 7sage.

• mew41195mew41195 Alum Member
    159 karma

@btate87 @Bomhillz @Kermit750 @ZaTabler @Emily2122 @ATLsat_2019 this was helpful and a unanimous "no" (at least for June) - thank you all! i appreciate it.