Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best approach when there's a bunch of conditional statements?

ilokmacailokmaca Free Trial Member
in Logic Games 66 karma

Anyone experts want to give away their secrets? These types are my downfall - or at least, one of them...

Comments

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6050 karma

There are a number of things you can do and they all depend on what aspect of conditionals you struggled with.

First, identify if it's the fundamentals you struggle with. How fast are you with identifying your indicators and their groups? Try visiting that lesson with the flashcard and see if it's instantaneous or if you have to think about it. If it's the latter then you need to refresh your fundamentals. This can be done by writing the indicators and their rules five times a day until you've internalized it.

Second, if it's not the fundamentals but application then you can try these two things. If you're talking about LR questions then break them down. Take it one statement at a time, don't try to chain it all up at once if you're not confident about it. Make up your own random conditional statements and see if they can be chained up. As well as what valid conclusions you can make. Also check grammar. I've found that some of the harder questions that use conditionals are not because of the lawgic but the English.

You can also increase your fluency through logic games. Do games where you know you have conditionals or chains that link up. I think games are really helpful in testing your familiarity with translating to lawgic because it has to be automatic, you can't think about it.

Hope that helps.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I'd recommend going through the curriculum offered on 7sage regarding conditional logic. Lots of good lessons in there.