Necessary questions + general LR improvement

strugglinglsaterstrugglinglsater Free Trial Member
edited May 2018 in Logical Reasoning 87 karma

Hi all-

I started studying for the LSAT in February, and had been making improvements until I plateaued on the last four PTs. On average, I miss about 10 questions on LR in total, and this is where I can make up my most ground. I feel like I am understanding it in untimed work, but when I go to the test my brain just says "seems right enough" and I move on. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting over a plateau, with regards to LR? Especially necessary questions, and questions from 18-23.

Thank you!

Comments

• westher008westher008 Alum Member
    37 karma

1) Try identifying if there are any specific question types you keep consistently missing; for example, assumption questions, or parallel flaws.
    2) I would suggest that you find copies of Princeton Review's Cracking the LSAT, and Powerscore's Logical Reasoning Bible. Read the how-tos for those question types you keep missing.
    3) Focus on only those missed question types when you are practicing, and do blind review, i.e. circle any questions where you aren't completely sure of the right answer and the reasons for why it is right versus the wrong answers being wrong.

This is how I improved my score beginning in the 150's.