PT52.S1.Q19 - educator: it has been argued that our professional organization

Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
edited January 2016 in Logical Reasoning 1049 karma
http://7sage.com/lsat_explanations/lsat-52-section-1-question-19/
I came to realize that my trouble with this question is that I mistakenly assumed a PREMISE (more likely to determine policy by electing officer than through direction vote) was a CONCLUSION.

The conclusion was subtle and obscured - that direct vote was not right way decide matters (electing officers was).

and so answer was E - maximize power of indivudualy to influence decision made because it bolstered premise and in turn conclusion.

Did anyone else make this mistake?

Should I focus even more on IDing Premises vs. Conclusions? I already avg -2 on LR but will focusing on a seemingly basic thing like PvsC help more?

Comments

• SoCal JaporeanSoCal Japorean Free Trial Member
    147 karma
    Not sure what is being asked so I will try to answer the sentences with question marks at the end.

1. Did anyone else make this mistake?

No, I didn't confuse the premise for conclusion; although I do sometimes get them confused on other problems.

2. Should I focus even more on IDing Premises vs. Conclusions?

Yes. On Psudo-Sufficient Questions, a lot of the trap answers will boost the premise alone or the conclusion alone. IDing the Conclusion I would say that most, if not all would agree is necessary. As for the premise, as long as you have a good paraphrase, you should be fine if you are averaging -2 on LR when timed and under test conditions.

3. I already avg -2 on LR but will focusing on a seemingly basic thing like PvsC help more?

I think it would. It becomes second nature after you practice for a bit, and doing this might help you get that -2 to -0. Yay!

Hope this helps.
  • Quick SilverQuick Silver Alum Inactive Sage
    1049 karma
    Thanks so much!