Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fool proofing games on a wipe board?

Wait whatWait what Alum Member
in Logic Games 244 karma

Whats going on 7sagers,
I wanted to get some opinions on using a wipe board to fool proof games. I know the best way to do it is on paper the way it is presented on the actual test. However printing sufficient amount of copies could get a little expensive. Has anyone used a wipe board to fool proof? Thanks for the input and good luck with the rest of studies!

wipe board
  1. wipe board yay nay10 votes
    1. yay
      70.00%
    2. nay
      30.00%

Comments

• jillmquigjillmquig Free Trial Member
    3 karma

I've found that the fool proofing method on a whiteboard to be useful! What I ended up doing (which took a bit of time admittedly) was cutting out games that I had problems with and gluing them onto a large notecard, which had the correct setup on the back. This way you don't need to keep printing out the same problems and you know exactly which ones you need to review!

• Return On InferenceReturn On Inference Alum Member
    503 karma

Personally I purchased some transparency pockets on amazon and put my games inside of them and used a dry-erase marker to foolproof.

I would print 2 copies of the game (front and back), and put them in the transparency pockets. Then I would foolproof the games, and after I had done them several times with dry erase I would take the games out of the pockets and into another fool-proofing pile.

In the end, I would do the games maybe 4-5 times with dry erase and another 2 times with pencil.

I really liked this method because it saved me a lot of paper, and I was still able to practice doing games in pencil for the real exam.

• iamcardibriiamcardibri Alum Member
    314 karma

Yes, like @"Return On Inference" I used transparency pockets for fool proofing. However, directly on the page, at the top of each game I would write in ink the target time as suggested by JY, AFTER correcting the first time. You donʻt want to worry about the target time on your first go around. After every "round" of fool proofing, I pull the page out of the transparency pocket and write the following on the bottom: Date, time to complete, and score.

For example, there is a little box at the bottom of each of my games that looks something like this:

6/1 11:32 -1
    6/1 7:59 -0
    6/8 7:30 -0

Others have mentioned keeping track of their times and scores in a separate notebook or on a spreadsheet. That would probably be the best option. Personally, I donʻt find the markings at the bottom of each game distracting and I prefer having all the info I need available in a quick glance so this method works fine for me. Just write small so you donʻt take up too much work space.

On older games, the game rules and questions are all crammed on to one page so I also use a plain white paper in a transparency for drawing out my master game board and sub-game boards. Usually after the first and second round, I donʻt need the extra page since many of the inferences are ingrained in my memory. I believe in the newer test books, a game is spread out over two pages so I donʻt think there is any danger in using a blank sheet on the side while fool-proofing older games. Someone correct me if Iʻm wrong???

Of course, this method has a few drawbacks in comparison with JYʻs preferred method of printing 10 copies but it does work for those who donʻt have access to quality or affordable printing. For example, one draw back is the temptation to erase errors with your finger lol. Erasing is a big no no on logic games as stated in the CC. The focus should be on writing as small and neatly as possible WITHOUT any errors.

Hope that made sense and helps you make an informed decision on the best way to foolproof! Have fun!

• Wait whatWait what Alum Member
    244 karma

Perfect! I had no idea dry erase pockets were a thing. Thanks a lot this will do the trick.

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

I have issues with handwriting, and using anything other than a pencil would have been detrimental. For that reason, I decided to simulate every LG the way it would come up on the test. I printed them double sided and stapled it like a booklet.

If you have trouble with your handwriting then I suggest you be wasteful like I was.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Yes, @iamcardibri, We'll be given 2 pages. :smile: