Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need to Retake--Advice on Prep

hheck87hheck87 Member
in General 34 karma

I took the June 2018 LSAT and scored right at the low end of where I want to be. I plan on retaking in September. Any advice on how best to prep in the next couple of months? I feel like I set myself up really well for the test in June and I am out of fresh PTs to use. Thoughts?

Comments

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

The common suggestion is to drill the concepts using pts 40 and below keep in mind the newer format of the tests (lr /rc mainly ) newer pts should be reserved strictly for pting. Figure out how many points you need to move up this all depends on your target score . Revisit the cc on areas of weakness

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

Even if you are out of materials, there have to be some tests that you did a while ago that you don't remember fully. Use those tests as your PTs. As for materials, use the analytics and go back over all of the questions you got wrong. Dive deep and figure out what you did wrong and why you got those questions wrong. If necessary, write out explanations. If anything is unclear, as @ebalde1234 said, revisit the CC. You got this!

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    edited June 2018 2038 karma

@JustDoIt and @ebalde1234 said exactly what I was going to say lol. I used up all 80+ PTs for the February exam doing 4 PTs a week (don't do what I did here), so I had to reuse PTs for June. I basically drilled PT 1-40 by question types and PT 70-80 for full exams. Even though I've seen all of the questions before, I felt like they were really engaging me the second time around and the patterns were more apparent. This method helped me get a 178 for this June.

• hheck87hheck87 Member
    34 karma

Thank you so much for the suggestions! That all makes complete sense. I really appreciate the 7sage community!

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

@hheck87 said:
    Thank you so much for the suggestions! That all makes complete sense. I really appreciate the 7sage community!

No worries best of luck